Arvixe Worst web host, Please avoid!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
New York wrote:
@ronm
It would be nice if your product page gave more information about features/capabilities, similar to SmarterAsp's page.  In particular, these are important:

Trust levels?
SSL/certificates support (and if any additional cost.  Dedicated IP?)
FTP Access (SSL?)
SQL Server versions
SQL Server Management Studio Access
SQL Server Backup / Restore
Supports Visual Studio Publish (WebMatrix too)?
Email - # of accounts?  Online mail client?  (SSL?)

Hi, and thanks for your response and taking time to point out that we need to provide more and better information regarding our hosting plans.  As I mentioned, We are a very small hosting company, and started the business because of our own direct needs, and problems we ran into finding a good hosting provider. Most of our current hosting clients are companies we work with in conjunction with other businesses we are involved with, so these were not "hard sells". LOL!  

In regard to the items you mentioned:

Access to DotNet plans are via WebSite Panel.
Full access to managing trust levels.
We can apply SSL certificates per request. NO Charge.
We can provide dedicated IPs per request. $10/month each, $35/month per block of 5 Dedicated IPs. (we basically just pass on ISP cost, and we have to purchase in bundles of 5. We use Time Warner Business Class as our ISP.)
We provide SQL Server 2008, and 2012 on dedicated VMs
SQL Server Management Studio access - per request (we haven't had anyone who needs this yet)
SQL Server Backup-Restore - Yes, via Website Panel (we do weekly back-ups internally every Sunday)
Visual Studio Publish Support - Yes
WebMatrix Support - Yes
Domains - 10
SubDomains - Unlimited
DNS Editor - Yes (via WebsitePanel)
Storage Space - 100GB Standard - upgrade per client request. (haven't had any clients who need more. Can discuss as needed)
Websites - 10
Email Accounts - Unlimited (we currently use hMail Server - supported in WebsitePanel)
Online Mail Client - Not at this time
Bandwidth - Unrestricted
Server Resources - Unrestricted Dedicated App Pools

We also provide CLOUD hosting via MS Azure, just haven't published it yet. For this, we just spool up servers as needed. Access is also via WebsitePanel.

The bottom line is we want to provide our clients with what they need for a fair price. I work one-on-one with all my clients. I am not trying to grow the business to be just another large hosting company. A modest return on investment for the equipment we have purchased, and covering the ISP cost for connectivity is fine with me. I will probably keep this to 50 clients or so, as this is a manageable size, and would not require bringing on additional support staff to manage.
8 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:
Don't bother emailing him, you won't get responses. Like the topic title says. Please avoid Arvixe.

Yes, it seems they have serious issue. If you use nopCommerce, then you can take a look at asphostportal.com hosting plan. They also have great support in nopCommerce
8 years ago
Down once again, their entire server I'm hosted on is down.  Support on Arvixe's end is non responsive and once again they are the worst hosting company on the entire planet.

I would host the site myself (and it's prob cheaper if I did).  Arvixe you want support Id's here they are:

AAI-283-16785
OFQ-472-18475
FLM-897-88240

I'd love to hear what excuses you have for me this week??
8 years ago
Issue with webmail being down today...
8 years ago
skithief wrote:
Down once again, their entire server I'm hosted on is down.  Support on Arvixe's end is non responsive and once again they are the worst hosting company on the entire planet.

I would host the site myself (and it's prob cheaper if I did).  Arvixe you want support Id's here they are:

AAI-283-16785
OFQ-472-18475
FLM-897-88240

I'd love to hear what excuses you have for me this week??

Hello,

Thanks for providing those. I can see that the last 2 ticket IDs have been responded to already though I've gone ahead and responded to your first ticket.

Thanks!
8 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:
Issue with webmail being down today...

Hello,

Which server are you on? Or can you provide me with a relevant ticket ID so I can make sure this is promptly resolved for you?

Just to clarify (if the details are not in your ticket), are you having issues actually accessing the webmail interfaces or is it an issue with inbound emails, outbound emails or both?
8 years ago
This was fixed overnight. Mail was coming through fine, but the webmail site wasn't.
7 years ago
Yeah, I think I made a wrong decision. Our server is down for hours now. Very frustrated
7 years ago
Here is my latest Arvixe nightmare. The short..I have 2 hosting accounts with Arvixe (linux and windows). A few months ago I attempted to turn off my auto renewal/paypal agreement through Arvixe, in which I was sent to an error page. I then submitted a ticket which of course wasn't responded to in a timely manner, however I did finally receive a response "This is a normal issue and I'll take care of it for you". Problem solved, right?  WRONG! A couple weeks ago, my linux hosting is up for renewal (I wasn't planning on renewing this because of all the issues I was having) and low and behold my paypal account was dinged for the renewal fee. Now I'm talking through Arvixe tickets about getting a refund, but they refuse. I've contacted Paypal and escalated the issue. They'll lose all my business and I hope anyone thinking of going to Arvixe hosting reads this and changes their mind. You've been warned!
7 years ago
I've decided to report them to the Better Business Bureau after the responses I received. I'm not the first to report them as their score is an 'F' on the BBB website. Hopefully Paypal pulls through for me and I receive what I believe is a justifiable refund. Once again...beware of Arvixe.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.