What is Charge Amount?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
When setting up Shipping by Weight there is an option called "Charge Amount". Can someone please tell me what this option is? I was thinking it was a minimum charge, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If it's not, is there a minimum charge option?
12 years ago
It's the actual shipping rate (charge) for the weight bracket (from/to)... Assuming you don't check "Use percentage:".

What's confusing is that the form shows the "Charge percentage (of subtotal):" even when the "Use percentage:" is not checked.  You really should only enter an amount in either the "Charge percentage (of subtotal):" (when Use.. is checked), or in "Charge amount" (when Use... is not checked).

If using "Charge percentage (of subtotal):", the weight determines the % to use, but the % is applied to the sub total $ amount.

If  "Use percentage:" is not checked, the " minimum charge option" would be the charge you set on the brackets - e.g. create a bracket 0 .. n, and that charge will be the minimum.

Here's the actual calculation (abbreviated)

if (shippingByWeightRecord.UsePercentage)
    shippingTotal = subTotal * (shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargePercentage / 100)
else
{
    if (_shippingByWeightSettings.CalculatePerWeightUnit)
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount * weight;
    else
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount;
}

I've posted this before, but I'll repeat here...  - there's an (accidentally) hidden feature:

The CalculatePerWeightUnit setting is not visible in the config page, yet it is a Setting in the db.
By default it's False which means when the weight is in the range, the shipping charge itself is applied (the else case):

if (_shippingByWeightSettings.CalculatePerWeightUnit)
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount * weight;
    else
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount;

Workaround to not having in config page is that you can change the setting in Configuration > Settings > All Settings:

shippingbyweightsettings.calculateperweightunit  False
shippingbyweightsettings.limitmethodstocreated  True

You might be interested in

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13776/shipping-director-plugin-beta1-released.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.