Can't find HttpModules.MembershipModule

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I'm getting this error when I run install.aspx.  Does anyone know why it wouldn't be able to find this file....when all I've done is unzipped the downloaded software file & am trying to install it?

Server Error in '/nopCommerce_1.30/NopCommerceStore/Install' Application.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nopcommerce_1.30\nopcommercestore\web.config line 167)

Source Error:

Line 165:    <httpModules>
Line 166:      <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 167:      <add name="MembershipHttpModule" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.MembershipHttpModule, Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule"/>
Line 168:      <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter"/>
Line 169:      <add name="BlacklistHttpModule" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.BlacklistHttpModule, Nop.HttpModules.BlacklistModule"/>
14 years ago
I'm having the same issue, only with v1.40. I have verified the DLL's exist in the bin directory.

Did you find a resolution? What am I missing?

Thanks.
14 years ago
try downloading again.

the message is basically saying one of the DLLs is missing from the project, it can't find it...
14 years ago
I have had problems in the past when trying to install to "E" "E:\Inetpub\wwwroot"

Personnally I install the default site to C:\ and then create my functioning sites on E-F or G
this way you can still run internal sites and public without having to
remember which is which and less permission errors.
14 years ago
I resolved my error. Here's what I did.

First, my nopCommerce is running as a virtual directory under another app. So on install I was receiving errors regarding conflicting Session State settings in the web.config. So I originally changed nopCommerce to match my other app. I then got errors saying the administration section need to be a virtual directory. When I did that, that's when I got this error.

I then switched the Session State settings of nopCommerce back to default and instead changed my app to match. Then I removed the virutal directory on the admin section.

That fixed it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.