Administration Menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I have successfully installed nopcommerce version 2.30 and everything seems to be working fine
however, after logging into the admin area I have come across a rendering issue. The admin menu bar, which should be displaying a horizontal menu bar with drop downs is displaying a vertical expanded menu tree instead.

Has anyone else came across this problem?

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
12 years ago
We are experiencing the same problem with version 2.4. All other admin (and public) functions are working fine. Any solution?
12 years ago
has anyone else experienced this issue?

any solutions?

Thanks
12 years ago
me too, 2.4 version, already post in forum few week ago, but still no responce....
12 years ago
Hi,

I have managed to solve this issue. I spent almost a week trawling through the code to identify the problem and I discovered there was a problem with some of the web references.

I can post the solution on here but I am out the office at the moment so not able to log in to the server to get the code.

I will put the solution on here later this evening.

Hope this helps
12 years ago
waiting for your good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 years ago
test in localhost just fine, keep waiting.....
12 years ago
My Hosting company reply me as below

Dear Customer,

It is not an issue of MVC, you need to check with the script provider for the reason the menu not displaying properly, maybe it is not compatible with server side securities such as URLScan.

what i search from telerik support,
Periods (".") in the URL address make the directory inaccessible
PROBLEM
Periods (".") in the URL address make the directory inaccessible

SOLUTION
Apparently you ran the IIS Lockdown tool. Among other things, it also installs the UrlScanner that adds another protection layer. Unfortunately, this tool filters out any request (to folders) that contain dots.

To overcome this you can edit the urlscan.ini file under C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\ and alter the AllowDotInPath entry from 0 to 1 - AllowDotInPath=1. Thus dots that are not file extensions will be allowed.

Microsoft's KB article #309677 also discusses the matter.

now try to modify the folder....Content/2011.3.1115/
12 years ago
Hi,

sorry for the late response.

The issue is due to the server blocking access to the folder structure. this is why it might work on your local, but you see the problem when you upload to your sever.

I solved this issue by altering the code in the following file:
- administration/views/shared/_adminlayout.cshtml

You have to replace everything from approx line 97 with the following script.

------

<!--These need to be at the end of the page to ensure that all the controls requiring scripts have been rendered-->
    @*@(Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar()
        .DefaultGroup(group => group
            .Add("telerik.common.min.css")
            .Add("telerik.vista.min.css")
            .Add("telerik.rtl.min.css")
            //uncomment the lines below in order to combine and compress CSS files
            //.Combined(true)
            //.Compress(true)
            ))
    @(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar()
            .jQuery(false)
            .jQueryValidation(false)
            )*@

@MvcHtmlString.Create(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Html.Telerik()
    .StyleSheetRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)
                                                   .Add("telerik.common.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.vista.min.css")
                                                    .Add("telerik.rtl.min.css")).ToHtmlString()))
@MvcHtmlString.Create(HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(Html.Telerik()
    .ScriptRegistrar()
            .DefaultGroup(group => group.UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true)).jQuery(false).ToHtmlString()))
</body>
</html>

------

let me know if this solves the issue

thanks
12 years ago
your code not working for me...

my hosting company reply"
Dear Customer,

Normally AllowDotInPath is only used for testing purposes in test server or PC, it is rarely allowed in production server for security reason.

so, finally i just rename the folder to 201131115

and change the script:  
<!--These need to be at the end of the page to ensure that all the controls requiring scripts have been rendered-->
    @(Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar()
        .DefaultGroup(group => group
            .Add("/201131115/telerik.common.min.css")
            .Add("/201131115/telerik.vista.min.css")
            .Add("/201131115/telerik.rtl.min.css")
            //uncomment the lines below in order to combine and compress CSS files
            //.Combined(true)
            //.Compress(true)
            ))
    @(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar()
            .jQuery(false)
            .jQueryValidation(false)
            )
</body>
</html>

problem fix~~ Thanks!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.