Buy 2 get the 3rd one free

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Is there a way to create the concept of buy 2 get the 3rd one free ..in Nop ??
12 years ago
No, but here is what you can do:
1. Let's say you have Product1, Product2, Product3.
2. Go to the Product1 variant details page. Ensure that 'Require other product variants are added to the cart' is checked. Set 'Required product variant IDs:' to Product3 ID. And ensure that 'Automatically add these product variants to the cart' is checked.
3. Create a new discount. Ensure that 'Discount type' type is set to 'Assigned to product variants'. Check 'Use percentage' and set 'Discount percentage' to '100%'. Then go 'requirements' tab and create 'Customer has all of these product variants in the cart' requirement with IDs of Product1 and Product2.
4. Apply this discount to Product3 (on the product variant details page, discounts tab)
12 years ago
Is this a GENERIC SOLUTION where it would work with ANY 3 products the customer buys
or ...just to those 3 specific products (Product1, Product2, Product3) ?

Cause it seems that if I do that, I will NOT be able to sell that Product by itself.
..and that makes it a "no no".
12 years ago
SDSharp wrote:
...if I do that, I will NOT be able to sell that Product by itself...

Oh, my fault. You're right. It's not possible.
12 years ago
another item to add to the "would be nice" list  :--)

btw,
where can I see what is in the list and what is already fixed/done?
12 years ago
SDSharp wrote:
another item to add to the "would be nice" list  :--)

Sure

SDSharp wrote:
where can I see what is in the list and what is already fixed/done?

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced
and
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
12 years ago
Hi,

How about using tier prices ? is if only for one product then you could add a tier price where the quantity of 3 and the price would be (price x 2 /3).
Should give the same effect the only issue with this (that I can see) is that is only per product variant.
12 years ago
Try follow the next steps:

1. Let's say we have Product1, Product2, Product3.
2. Create a new discount. Ensure that 'Discount type' type is set to 'Assigned to product variants'. Check 'Use percentage' and set 'Discount percentage' to '100%'. Then go 'requirements' tab and create 'Customer has all of these product variants in the cart' requirement with IDs of Product1 and Product2.
3. Apply this discount to Product3 (on the product variant details page, discounts tab)

Note: The only issue here is that you have to manually add Product3 to the cart
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Try follow the next steps:

1. Let's say we have Product1, Product2, Product3.
2. Create a new discount. Ensure that 'Discount type' type is set to 'Assigned to product variants'. Check 'Use percentage' and set 'Discount percentage' to '100%'. Then go 'requirements' tab and create 'Customer has all of these product variants in the cart' requirement with IDs of Product1 and Product2.
3. Apply this discount to Product3 (on the product variant details page, discounts tab)

Note: The only issue here is that you have to manually add Product3 to the cart

This would also not work if you wanted to allow a free gift depending on order value e.g. Free gift if you spend over X
12 years ago
wunpac wrote:
This would also not work if you wanted to allow a free gift depending on order value e.g. Free gift if you spend over X

Right. But we're talking about "Buy 2 get the 3rd one free" feature and it works.

This one is an absolutely another requirement. In this case you'll have to implement a new discount requirement rule plugin (sub-total is over $X, this one is not implemented in nopCommerce yet) and use it when configuring a discount

UPDATE: Please vote here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.