I Fixed the shipping by weight problem!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have seen a few other posts on here that the shipping by weight wasnt working right. To my understanding this is supposed to work like this:
from weight: 0.00 kg
to weight: 0.50 kg
Use %: no
charge %: 0.00
charge amount: 20.00

If the order total weight lands anywhere between 0.00kg and 0.50kg the charge would be 20.00. Well mine was being calculated as 20.00 * total weight. So for example I made an order for 23 grams or .023 kg my shipping would be $0.46.

If this is what your looking for. The way you would fix this is to download the source code and open it in MSVS. Go to nopecommerce>shipping>nop.shipping.shippingbyweight>shippingbyweightcomputationmethod.cs then on line 93 you want to delete everything from col 70 to 79 or where it says " * Weight" including spaces. Now build the cart and after that is done go to where the source was unziped to and go to shipping>Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight>bin>debug and ftp the three bottom files (which are Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.dll, Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.pdb, and Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.xml) to your server at root>bin.

If I could upload the files so you could just download them I would but I dont know how.

Hope this helps you all.
14 years ago
BTW this is for ver 1.20.
14 years ago
For ver 1.30 comment line 56 of ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs

/// shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount * Weight;
14 years ago
Could you please email me? I am not very good in programming. I use version 1.30
My emailaddress is: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
14 years ago
Hi there, having the same problem with V1.3, did you get any further info as have followed instuctions but problem persists.
14 years ago
i hv commented the

/// shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount * Weight;

then save the ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs

am new with MSVS..then whats next? thanks guys..
14 years ago
You need to rebuild the solution and copy over any updated dll files from the bin directory
14 years ago
Now build the cart and after that is done go to where the source was unziped to and go to shipping>Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight>bin>debug and ftp the three bottom files (which are Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.dll, Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.pdb, and Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.xml) to your server at root>bin.
14 years ago
can anyone explain how to run the source code after changed? what software do i use to compile it?
or if anyone can kind enough to upload the modified file for shipping by weight module.
many thanks !!!
14 years ago
You need Visual Studio 2008
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.