Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

4 years ago
Yes I enabled the logging. Yes I gave the correct permission I even added everyone with full rights still does not work.
4 years ago
Which version of .net core runtime you installed. It requires core 2.2.x.
4 years ago
4 years ago
fowara wrote:
I see no proper documentation of how to install 4.2 on windows server. It seems the installation keeps changing every release. Can anyone point out a good documentation on how to install 4.2 on Windows 2016.

I am stuck at this error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I enabled logging but it is not not providing any error.

On IIS Log I see this

2020-04-18 06:09:44 172.26.14.128 GET /favicon.ico - 80 - 18.213.209.42 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/81.0.4044.113+Safari/537.36      ....500 19 13 15

Is NopCommerce 4.2 a stable working version?

You can try and replace the processpath and arguments variables back to processPath="dotnet" arguments=".\Nop.Web.dll"

For whatever reason my install on WinServer2012 would not use the global variables installed from the default install.

You can try this if this is not your issue reset back to the default globals. Make sure you follow the requirements for 4.2 and if you have a 3rd party theme make sure they do not have upgrade scripts that need run as well. I have found that 500 internal errors with Nop usually fall back on database, dotnet version, or plugin issues at startup.

If you enabled the stdlogging as stated above, look in the log folder for the latest log, look for Fail and see if you can see where the errors are originating. You posted an IIS log which in my experience with Nop isn't going to lead you to a internal server error problem. It just states the error code sent to the browser.

Hope that helps some, I am no expert but spent many hours diagnosing these issues.
4 years ago
Sorry I stated 2012 server should have been 2016 in my prior post.
3 years ago
Hi, I'm new to nopCommerce and will try it out with a store as I'm trying to move away from Shopify to have some cost savings.

One thing that I couldn't find in the documentation is the recommended hardware specifications for running nopCommerce in a production store.

What would be recommended hardware to run a small/medium store with good performance and response time?

Thanks in advance.
3 years ago
Hi, I have deployed nopCommerce on Linux CentOs 7.5, I read the document for SSL connection, it only said to configure true for appsettings.json, but I do not know where to put the  SSL certificate on my Linux Server, and how to name it?
3 years ago
Assuming you are using Nginx as Reverse Proxy and Kestrel to host the NopCommerce Application.
In the Ngix configuration, you can mention the SSL Certificate Location.

A Sample part of the Nginx Configuration.

server {
  listen443;
    ssl on;
    ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/your_domain_name.pem;
  ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/your_domain_name.key;
    server_name your.domain.com;
    access_log /var/log/nginx/nginx.vhost.access.log;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/nginx.vhost.error.log;
    location /

Calos wrote:
Hi, I have deployed nopCommerce on Linux CentOs 7.5, I read the document for SSL connection, it only said to configure true for appsettings.json, but I do not know where to put the  SSL certificate on my Linux Server, and how to name it?
3 years ago
i upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3 and get this error in sql
https://ishraqst.com/
can u help me with this ?
3 years ago
Hi all,

Please could somebody help? I am upgrading from v4.0 to v4.3, I have tried problem solving by upgrading one version at a time. I find that all works well on all versions , however I notice a change only when going from v4.2 to v4.3, this change is that the "Low Stock" report shows thousands of product entries, some of which belong to deleted products and have sufficient stock. I have checked in the Database, these entries do exist and are related to the "Product Attribute Combination" inventory management.  I have tried recreating products and their attributes but same error happens when I create "Product combinations" - those will then show in Low Stock report regardless of the stock quantity. If I try manage the stock on basic inventory management(of the newly created product) it responds correctly. Any idea's? Thanks.