Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

11 years ago
I'm simply amazed at how nicely done some websites are in the gallery, and on other hand, how impossible it is to install this thing. Seriously, like banging your head againts a wall (maybe I should do that and it will work)...
Spent 2 days researching the issue, nothing works. Got Sql2008, IIS7.5, MVC3, it's a dead end. And there are no "install.aspx" or even "default.aspx" or "index.aspx" files anywhere to be found. It's like there is an engine, but no car or steering wheel.
Can you guys make the start simpler?
I really like what other people have done with this cart. But how do you get this thing to work? Does it require some different kind of thinking altogether? (am quite familiar with Linux, but this whole asp.net is new to me, and I want to give it a chance before making microsoft jokes).
11 years ago
Oh, and before you get happy with downvotes, why does web-install default to ./SQLEXPRESS with no option to change it? Did it occur to anyone that someone might have a full ./MSSQLSERVER or whatever?
11 years ago
It would be better that instead of whining about how bad nopcommerce is, you list down the problems that you are facing and someone in the community can help you with that.

zerovalue wrote:
...Spent 2 days researching the issue, nothing works. Got Sql2008, IIS7.5, MVC3, it's a dead end. And there are no "install.aspx" or even "default.aspx" or "index.aspx" files anywhere to be found. It's like there is an engine, but no car or steering wheel.

Its called MVC(Model-View-Controller) and it generates pages on the run there are no ".aspx" pages. Go to www.asp.net/mvc do some reading and then start installing/ debugging the code. Please do not relate your ignorance with nopcommerce being a bad product. Linux and windows are two different beasts, you need some catching up to do.

As for the SQLEXPRESS, you can use any version of SQL you like. Its just that most people use free versions with open source software that's why express is written.
11 years ago
This is the first time I have attempted anything as technical as this myself. I have downloaded & installed Nopcommerce and the page lauched as in the manual. We made some edits of products & descriptions and published them.

I cannot get the site to relaunch. I am sure this is a very basic schoolboy error, but can someone please assist.
11 years ago
kbadman wrote:
We made some edits of products & descriptions and published them.

When you say that you "published them", how did you do it? Via Webmatrix or did you just copy/FTP the site folder into your webhost server?

If you published it to your webhost, then it has a new address..different than the http://localhost:12345

It should be something like...  http://www.yourdomain.com/     or     http://123.123.123.123

And if you mean that you access it at it's new address, but it won't load, then you probably need to adjust the database connection properties in your /App_Data/settings.txt file to point to the database.

Steve
11 years ago
hi,

Is this possible to integrate nopCommerce Add to cart in to my website ??

thanks
11 years ago
hi
i am new to nopcommerce.i have installed it succesfully.i also access the admin page.
now i need to add romanian language support.i have downloaded the extensioon for romanian but i don't know how to install.it is an xml file called language265.xml.where to copy it ?
thank you
11 years ago
/
11 years ago
Prepare.bat is throwing error.

Build started 10/23/2012 5:46:45 AM.
     1>Project "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\build\nop.proj" on node 1 (default targets).
         Building Everything
     1>Project "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\build\nop.proj" (1) is building "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\NopCommerce.sln" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
     2>C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\NopCommerce.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|BPC" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.
     2>Done Building Project "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\NopCommerce.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.
     1>Done Building Project "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\build\nop.proj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\build\nop.proj" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\NopCommerce.sln" (default target) (2) ->
       (ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->
         C:\Users\ztumamak\Desktop\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\NopCommerce.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|BPC" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.26

Please help me on how to fix this issue. thanks
11 years ago
In VS, right click Nop.Web project, select Properties.  On Build tab, check Configuration (Active) and Platform should be "Active (Any CPU)"