Hi folks! I am upgrading from 3.7 to 4.2. and find the notes found on "../installing/upgrading.html" confusing. I ran the 3.7 to 3.8 SQL script; removed all files except the Plugins and Settings, and renaming them as described in the upgrading [html] doc. The Readme.txt found in the upgrade (item #4) states "Upload new site files". But it does not list which files or where to find them. Also, after running the SQL upgrade script, the Admin-dashboard still reads version 3.70.
I am a C# programmer used to developing with webforms making me weak in the MVC environment. So, greater detail in the steps to take are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Only running the database upgrade script will not work. You need to follow below steps.
1. Run all the upgrade scripts available from 3.8.
source code version of 4.2.
3. Create a file dataSettings.json
folder. Json format will be like this
4. Create another file inside the same directory. New format will be like below.
Here installed plugin system names should be replaced by available system names in InstalledPlugins.txt
5. Bring all customizations you have done in 3.7 default code base (except plugins). If there was no customization, then skip this.
6. Upgrade all third party or custom developed plugins according to 4.2.