Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

1 year ago
I tried using VS19 instead of VS17 and have this build problem . . . " ..\Nop.Core\Nop.Core.csproj' targets 'netcoreapp2.2'. It cannot be referenced by a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=[InsertAnyVersion#Here] ".  Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
1 year ago
dojodon wrote:
I tried using VS19 instead of VS17 and have this build problem . . . " ..\Nop.Core\Nop.Core.csproj' targets 'netcoreapp2.2'. It cannot be referenced by a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=[InsertAnyVersion#Here] ".  Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Make sure you installed the correct version and bit of SDK.  v2.2 must be installed for VS19.

Go to the Nop.Web -> Options -> Under Applications tab check the SDK Version if there is no 2.2 just click on Install Other Frameworks and install 2.2 for VS19
1 year ago
how to install nopCommerce
1 year ago
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/index.html
Can you post more specific questions ?
1 year ago
I want to upgrade my application of version 4.1.

Is there any way to merge new version file to my existing version file(4.1), so that no need to replace existing file ?
1 year ago
@ab[email protected]
Please don't duplicate topics/questions
10 months ago
Where can I find the SQL upgrade scripts to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3?

Thank you in advance.
10 months ago
SorgoRojo wrote:
Where can I find the SQL upgrade scripts to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3?

You can find here.
7 months ago
I want to upgrade from 3.8 to 4.4
I checked upgrade script https://www.nopcommerce.com/download-nopcommerce-link?type=upgradescript and it says we don't use SQL upgrade scripts anymore, upgrade is performed automatically with migrations.

So my question is to upgrade 3.8 should i download 4.4 against existing database and when i run the application it will automatically perform migration from 3.8 to 4.4?
7 months ago
Hi Adeel,

You have to first upgrade DB from 3.8 to 3.90, 3.90 to 4.00, 4.00 to 4.10, 4.10 to 4.20, 4.20 to 4.30
and then update/replace your code/files with nopCommerce 4.40.0/4.40.2. This will automatic update your db to 4.40.0 compatible as auto migration added in code.