Can't access /admin in v2.4 if MVC4 is loaded

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
FYI, after installing v2.4 I was unable to access the Admin section. I kept getting a 404 message.  After hours of trying several attempts to fix it, I uninstalled the developers prerelease of MVC4 (on a hunch) and now it all works fine.

After uninstalling MVC4 I am now able to access the Admin section.
12 years ago
Are you running nopCommerce on local IIS server (if yes, what is its version?) or are you running it from Visual Studio?
12 years ago
I tried all three web server options... 1) the VisualStudio Development Server 2) IIS 7 Express and 3) IIS 7 on my local development machine.

I'm running VisualStudio 2010 Professional SP1 (version 4.0.3019 SP1 Rel).
I'm also using SQL Server 2008 R2 (SQL Server 10.50.2500) and I used the sa account to access the database (to make sure there weren't any permission issues).

I had downloaded the source version of nopCommerce, unzipped it into a working directory, loaded it into VisualStudio and ran it as-is without any changes.

I tried giving 'write' permissions to all directories in the nopCommerce solution (to make sure that wasn't an issue).

I also tried running the deployment batch jobs you supply and created a website in IIS 7 with virtual directories pointed at the deployment directory.

I always got the same result no matter what I tried:  404 message that it couldn't find /admin

I had MVC2, MVC3 and MVC4 installed.  I was running nopCommerce as an MVC3 app.  

I also made sure that the IIS appPool for nopCommerce was using .NET 4.0

I could log in using the default [email protected] account, and ran the store front-end just fine, but when I clicked on the Administration link I always got the 404 message on /admin.

It was only after I uninstalled MVC4 that the error went away and I could get into the admin section.

By the way, I LOVE nopCommerce!  You guys have done a phenominal job!
12 years ago
Some of the projects reference System.Web.dll (and some others i think from memory) incorrectly and when mvc4 is installed, they start picking up the wrong version (v 3.5??). You need to edit them so they reference the correct dll.

Sorry about the vagueness, it was a while ago that I had to deal with this.
11 years ago
Hello,

Did anyone ever figure this out?

I'm having the same exact problem and would like to know how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Tony
11 years ago
I just had this error on an old(ish) 2.65 project.

The reference in Admin to System.Web.MVC got updated to 4, so I removed it and re-added it from the Packages -> aspnetmvc folder. This then matched the version in the Web folder, so admin appeared ok once I'd cleaned and re-built.

HTH.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.