GoDaddy Email and 1and1 Web Server. Email not Working.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Guys,

I really need some help here. I've been racking my brain for days trying to come up with the solution and can't seem to find it anywhere. The jackwagons at GoDaddy are completely useless. I have a 1and1 webserver that is hosting my nopCommerce application: bedfellas.com

But we use GoDaddy email, because before I joined the project, people had already signed up for a GoDaddy domain etc. I need to get the GoDaddy email to work with nopCommerce hosted externally.

I've tried everything.

relay-hosting.secureserver.net does not work, because it's not inside the GoDaddy hosting network. I'm not taking the site down and paying GoDaddy for hosting when I already have a badass web server.

smtpout.secureserver.net doesn't work either, and no matter what part I use I get "Failure Sending Mail" with not elaborate or articulate answer. Can anyone please help? Does anyone have this same setup?!

Thank you,

Laki Politis
12 years ago
I'm getting this same issue, and I'm hosted on a Godaddy VPS.

They say this:

To Configure Your nopCommerce Mail Settings
Login to your nopCommerce administrator panel.
Click Configuration.
Click Mail Settings.
Complete the following fields:
Store Admin Email
Your email address.
Store Admin Email Display Name
The name to display on your email.
Host
relay-hosting.secureserver.net
Port
User
Your full email address.
Password
Your email account password.
Enable SSL
Do not enable this option.
Use default credentials
Do not enable this option.
Click Save.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/5620?locale=en

Umm. No.  I've tried the same things you have.  I'd like to get the emails from this site when there's a problem, as it's nearly automatic in everything else.
12 years ago
Part of the problem is GoDaddy's SMTP relay. It's ridiculous that they limit you to 250 emails a day. aka 1 every 6 minutes. I've switched back to 1and1. Just purchase a 1and1 email account, point their mx records and name server records and call it a day. GoDaddy is GARBAGE.
12 years ago
Actually, since it was such an issue, and I am using a VPS that I have control over completely, I just set up IIS SMTP, allowed relay from localhost only, and now I'm good.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.