XML Sitemap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Thanks for the detailed explanation:

1) so the conclusion is, it's always better to upload the sitemap with google, so get good ranking , right ?

2) I tried to see my website site map, i entered this url " www.mywebsite.com/sitemapSEO.aspx but nothing came up except "Page Cannot be found", what's the issue ?

3) Do you have any idea about Froogle too ? in nopCommerce we have froogle option that gives us the XML file ? what do we do with that xml file ? that xml also needs to be submitted in google sitemap ?

1) Yes it is, because this helps the search engine keep up to date with new pages that may take a long time to find in natrually crawled so you need to submit your sitemap via Googles Webmaster Tools.

2) Have you got this file uploaded to server? because you should not get a 404 error this means page is not in directory?

mike..
14 years ago
For the Google Sitemap for Webmaster Tools
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ you just tell it to reference www.yoursite.com/sitemapSEO.aspx

For the Froogle XML feed, you need to generate it in your admin tool, save it to your hard drive and then upload it through Google Base www.Google.com/base.  Be sure to keep the name consistent and refresh it from time to time (whenever you update products).

I usually wireup a webservice for this task but that's not handled by NOP Commerce (yet)

Jared Nielsen
http://www.fuzion.org/Web_Design/
13 years ago
Are there plans to support parent/child sitemaps? Google allows you to have a sitemap that is a listing of other sitemaps. This is needed when you have a site with a lot of pages.
13 years ago
I prefer using Sitemap Writer Pro, its the  best xml sitemap creator for me.
13 years ago
Just run this

www.yoursite.com/sitemapseo.aspx

www.lankangeeks.com
13 years ago
This only build category sitemap. what about each individual products?

nishasura wrote:
Just run this

www.yoursite.com/sitemapseo.aspx

www.lankangeeks.com
13 years ago
hi go to admin configuration-->all settings

on the last page, you will see

Sitemap.IncludeCategories              
Sitemap.IncludeManufacturers  
Sitemap.IncludeProducts  
Sitemap.OtherPages  

which you can set to true or false

- hayden
13 years ago
Hi,
I set the include products option to true but it stll doesn't include them in the sitemap. Any suggestions?

--Update--
Found it by myself :)
There is an option SEO.Sitemaps.IncludeProducts  which should be set true.
13 years ago
for seo master question
if you have over 100 thousand products, would you list all products in sitemap?
13 years ago
Categorical "Yes"

Jared Nielsen
www.FUZION.org
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.