RESOLVED: 'LocalSqlServer' was not found

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
After uploading files and running the SQL scripts:
nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql
nopCommerce_createData.sql
and updating the ConnectionStrings.config with my DB info I still get the following error.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 163:    <roleManager>
Line 164:      <providers>
Line 165:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 166:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 167:      </providers>

Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 165

------- INFO --------
nopCommerce v1.3.3 (clean install)
.Net 3.5
IIS 6
Host: Verio
----------------------

Note: I can connect with the same credentials directly with MS SQL manager.

Please help!
14 years ago
where did you get nopcommerce V1.3.3 from?
14 years ago
sorry, version 1.30

:(
14 years ago
got the main site up by adding in the <clear /> statement in providers, but the message comes back on login.

there is no such roles defined on the Administrative web.config
14 years ago
Looks like you need to add a connection string called LocalSqlServer to your connectionStrings.config file.
14 years ago
wow - clear one to get another one; so I added the LocalSqlServer to the connections.config and now when going to the administration I get the following:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (D:\Webs\mysite\web.config line 166)

Source Error:

Line 164:    <httpModules>
Line 165:      <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 166:      <add name="MembershipHttpModule" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.MembershipHttpModule, Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule"/>
Line 167:      <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter"/>
Line 168:      <add name="BlacklistHttpModule" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.BlacklistHttpModule, Nop.HttpModules.BlacklistModule"/>

Source File: D:\Webs\mysite\web.config    Line: 166
14 years ago
OK, so it was an application pool issue for the administrative section; now just one application pool for the entire site;

thanks
14 years ago
I am getting this error also and cannot get it resolved any feedback would be appreciated

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 163:    <roleManager>
Line 164:      <providers>
Line 165:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 166:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 167:      </providers>

Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 165

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
14 years ago
I just added in the localsqlserver connetion with the same login info
14 years ago
Thanks for this post!

I have not gone too much further, but I was having the same problem and this worked for me. I generally like Godaddy, but this is one area I am rather dissapointed in. If they advertize that they support a third-party application, then they should be a bit more sure that it works well.

That said, kudos to the folks who contribute to the nopCommerce project. This application is well thought out, well constructed and has features that are simply unbelievable for free!

Thank you so much.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.