Unsubscribe newsletter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
It is possible to unsubscrive from newsletter directly from an email link?

If the customer is registred I can link to account page, but how can I do if the customer is not registred?
12 years ago
When using a campaign feature in nopCommerce (used to send newsletters to subscribed customers), you can add a %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl% token to your message templates
12 years ago
Thank you. How can I call it from a link in html in the newsletter body?
12 years ago
Haven't got you. How to make it clickable? Please clarify.
12 years ago
Yes. I try to put this code in html body of a campaign.

<p><a href="%NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%">Click.</a></p>

But if I send a test mail I don't see it as clickable!
12 years ago
What version are you using? There was a small enhancement in version 2.50. Previously message tokens were not converted in campaign test messages. Since 2.50 if you specify an existing email addressed (subscribed to newsletters), then nopCommerce will replace an appropriate message tokens.
9 years ago
Hi I am having a problem, After upgrading to v3.30 from v3.20, I tried using my one of my old campaign templates and found that "admin/Campaign/Edit/" is also being added before the  %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%

Please help.

Maurice
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
When using a campaign feature in nopCommerce (used to send newsletters to subscribed customers), you can add a %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl% token to your message templates

Using version 3.40

I am not using the built-in campaign feature to send my newsletters, so including the deactivation link is not an option.

I understand that registered customers can elect to stop receiving the newsletter from within their account, but I do not understand how GUESTS who register for the newsletter can ever unsubscribe themselves from the list.

I'm pretty sure that the Can-Spam act requires that we provide the ability for opt-in customers to be able to unsubscribe.

I do not want to manually remove every person from the list who emails me asking to be removed, so what is the solution?

Maybe a topic page with a form and email-address-to-unsubscribe field, which somehow posts to the NewsLetterSubscription controller using GET...so that it behaves as if the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl% link in a campaign is clicked???

Or maybe if I just knew the format of the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%, I could programmatically assemble the NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl myself...

I've tried the test email function on a test campaign I created, and it does not render those links in the email...I've tried it to a customer email which is subscribed to the newsletter, and to another which was not. Neither renders the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%

For example, does it look like this:
http://www.mydomain.com/newsletter/[email protected]

???

Thanks,
Steve
9 years ago
embryo wrote:
Or maybe if I just knew the format of the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%, I could programmatically assemble the NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl myself...

I've tried the test email function on a test campaign I created, and it does not render those links in the email...I've tried it to a customer email which is subscribed to the newsletter, and to another which was not. Neither renders the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl%

For example, does it look like this:
http://www.mydomain.com/newsletter/[email protected]

???

It look like this:
http://www.yourstore.com/newsletter/subscriptionactivation/DEDB4B5A-CA64-4951-8AB7-20783442E7EE/false

"DEDB4B5A-CA64-4951-8AB7-20783442E7EE" mean for "NewsLetterSubscriptionGuid"
"false" mean for "deactivate"

embryo wrote:
Maybe a topic page with a form and email-address-to-unsubscribe field, which somehow posts to the NewsLetterSubscription controller using GET...so that it behaves as if the %NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationUrl% link in a campaign is clicked???

If you want to do this solution, I think yes, you can do it.
Following are my steps to get it work:
- Create a topic named "Unsubscribe"
- Inside its body content, switch to HTML code mode, write code to render:
  + An email textbox field in order to get unsubscribe email from user
  + A submit button, when submit button click, unsubscribe request will send to nopCommerce Newsletter controller
  + Here, controller will use NewsletterService to find subscribed by the given email address
  + If found, send deactivate link following above format to found email address.

Hope this help :)
9 years ago
ima9ines wrote:

+ A submit button, when submit button click, unsubscribe request will send to nopCommerce Newsletter controller
  + Here, controller will use NewsletterService to find subscribed by the given email address
  + If found, send deactivate link following above format to found email address.

Regarding the steps you defined above, can you please elaborate?

1. What is the URL to post to the nopCommerce Newsletter controller?
2. Would the controller know how to handle the posted email address data, or will it need modification?
3. Are you saying that the NewsletterService will send the deactivate link, or that I'd need to extend it to do this as well?

I really need a way for every subscriber to be able to un-subscribe themselves from the newsletter.
Is this really not a problem for anyone else?

Thanks,
Steve
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.