ENHANCEMENT: Improve Return Process

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi guys.

Just talked to my colleague.
Due to the code is property of the Brastop Ltd., it can't be contributed without permission of the managing director, and there is no matter how rubbish is the code, unless code is doing it's job. So, at Monday on the meeting will be decision will the plugin contributed or not. I hope it's will. If it's not, I'll just give workflow and direction you will need to work on.
10 years ago
MSC, Bruce.

Good news. In couple of days I'll publish that plugin.
10 years ago
@ NopCommerce team

Hi guys.
Our returns processing team found this workflow very useful with our amount of returns.

Could you, please, based on this plugin, create something better and build it into NopCommerce?
Because 80% of the code in the plugin, but another 20% still in the views and core.

Ok guys. I said this plugin is very raw yet and a lot of further development and bugs fixing and code refactoring required, but you wanted it already.

here is plugin that are still in development process, but already simplifying process a lot
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1260/returns-exchange-processing.aspx

the whole idea

1) Use barcode scanner!! (Change jQuery scripts on order products page for your situation (check with SKU))
2) After scanning process all returns for the opened order in one click
3)Returns dropping returned items into Returns Temp Holding, and just afterwards you can move them into the web. (Attention!!! Our team found that could be bugs related to moving temp stock into the web, so carefully check this service) Find it in Plugins -> Returns Temporary Stock. At the same time if there is exchange process - New orders with status "Reserved" will be created. You need define new order status in code.
4) Returns processing reducing/increasing with stock, depend on return request status changes. So, double check stock is accurate on early stages.
5) Statuses HARDCODED at the moment.

!!!Scripts on Returns Temporary Stock page required further development!!!

Attention!!
New Order creation involved, based on processing. (In our company if there is exchange or replacement, we adding returned items into exchange order to show customer why did we charge extra or refund). So, check anything related to "Reservation" if you don't need to create new order in case of exchange, otherwise you need new Order Status "Reservation" in the enum, or whatever else.

Any questions ask here please.
10 years ago
Thanks, Vadim. I will take a look.
10 years ago
Thanks Vadim. I will also have a look and let you know
8 years ago
should it not be that add new shipment is possible for products returned?right now after shipped add shipment disappears
and return replacement need a new shipment to be raised any ways which is not possible?
any comments?
8 years ago
Hi Vadim,

If possible can you please share the code compatible with nop 3.6.

I downloaded the existing code but getting many errors.

Thanks,
Harsh
3 years ago
hello,
After return request received by master admin. how admin will collect returned item from customer. I mean from where, admin enter new shipment to collect that item.... back to the store.

Please help me for return process flow!

Thanks
Anjana Virani
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.