Can't get half the links to work from the main screen

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 9150, 4gb RAM and 1TB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1 32bit
Visual Studio 2010, Pro, SP1
SQL Server Express 2008 R2
MVC 3
nopCommerce 2.50 source version

I'm sure all this stuff works, I just need to figure out why it doesn't work for me.

I unzipped the .RAR file to one folder, opened VS2010, opened the project using the solution file, used CTRL-F5 to start the NOP.WEB project, filled the installation screen, got the store screen, logged in as admin, clicked the Administration link and got an error that says:
"Server Error in / Application.  The resource cannot be found.  Description: HTTP 404, Requested URL:/admin"

I also get other errors on various links, but I can get to Shopping Cart, My Account, Blog and Contact Us.

I tried running the Prepare.bat and Deploy.bat files and both gave build errors.

I ran disk cleanup and rebooted my computer.

I did all of the above about three times.

Any help to get this package up and running from the source code would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
11 years ago
Carneno wrote:
Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 9150, 4gb RAM and 1TB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1 32bit
Visual Studio 2010, Pro, SP1
SQL Server Express 2008 R2
MVC 3
nopCommerce 2.50 source version

I'm sure all this stuff works, I just need to figure out why it doesn't work for me.

I unzipped the .RAR file to one folder, opened VS2010, opened the project using the solution file, used CTRL-F5 to start the NOP.WEB project, filled the installation screen, got the store screen, logged in as admin, clicked the Administration link and got an error that says:
"Server Error in / Application.  The resource cannot be found.  Description: HTTP 404, Requested URL:/admin"

I also get other errors on various links, but I can get to Shopping Cart, My Account, Blog and Contact Us.

I tried running the Prepare.bat and Deploy.bat files and both gave build errors.

I ran disk cleanup and rebooted my computer.

I did all of the above about three times.

Any help to get this package up and running from the source code would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Same here...some links work some don't.  The admin gives the HTTP 404 message and the product links throw a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

I am working from source, published to local directory and uploaded to server.  I can log in but administrator link is not accessible.  

Mike
11 years ago
I had the same problem myself this is what you do.

first open the solution in visual studio 2010 then build the solution. when the solution is built then you can run prepare.bat and deploy.bat without any errors. you then upload all of the files in the deployable folder to your site and away you go.

i was trying to do this before building the solution and kept getting lots of errors. soon as i built the solution errors disappeared.

good luck.
11 years ago
the photoball king wrote:
I had the same problem myself this is what you do.

first open the solution in visual studio 2010 then build the solution. when the solution is built then you can run prepare.bat and deploy.bat without any errors. you then upload all of the files in the deployable folder to your site and away you go.

i was trying to do this before building the solution and kept getting lots of errors. soon as i built the solution errors disappeared.

good luck.

That seems to have done the trick, I started over following your instructions for the automatic deploy and it looks like it's working normally now.  

The first round I tried was the manual and I'm guessing I either didn't build the solution first or I didn't copy the dlls and plugins correctly.  I may try a 2nd run at the manual install, correcting these 2 issues, and see if it will run.

I set the "network service" for permission at the site root level.  I wonder if that would be considered a security issue?

Thanks for the tip!

Mike
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.