"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi there Andrei.

Just a follow up to a couple of things. As you  know normally we leave powered by NopCommerce on the websites we build. Since I actually see it as a selling point to businesses. Why not, good PR around Nop! However for the first time we actually have a client who WANTS it removed??? Strange. Anyway.

I have read through EVERY post in this thread so pretty much get it now.

www - is subdomain or included with root domain for removal.
1st thing which I am sure I know the answer to. Because of the new wildcard domains including subdomains. is www. counted as a sub domain or part of the domain. for instance www.mysite.com and mysite.com (both point to the same site) - actually we have a redirect script to change it to www BUT I just want to be sure that both mysite.com and www.mysite.com are covered in the removal. (it is the same website)

2 newsite.mydomain.com is included in the removal notice.
We use it to stage upgrades and to test them changes for the current site. This IS NOT linked to in anyway. Only us and the client see it. But Google being Google might find it. We do check and then change ie newsitev2.mydomain.com if it ever shows up in search engines for obvious reasons.

Only reason I ask is because I read this
No, there's no need to let us know about such domains. You have two ways to go:
1. Leave "powered by nopCommerce" on your test site
2. Choose subdomain names so we understand that they are really for test sites. For example, include "test" or "demo" keyword into domain name.

but also this
if we want to add a demonstration site for people to view ie:fashiondemo.mysite.com, will we need to purchase extra keys, as we are going to be showing at a big exhibition in London shortly.

Yes (it's another domain and nopCommerce installation).

I am pretty sure the second bloke wanted to show it to public which is why he needed a licence, but I thought I would check.

Lastly this is more for my interest, just in case. The server licence is only valid for one IP. BUT we use different IP's for SSL on windows servers. So each ecom website we create has its own IP and SSL. How are other doing SSL on a domain with only 1 ip??? So is the server licence done some other way that I missed? I do I need to relook at how we do ssl on windows servers o.O

Thanks in advance!
8 years ago
Simon.UK wrote:
www - is subdomain or included with root domain for removal

www is not a subdomain. So there's no need to purchase one more key for it

Simon.UK wrote:
2 newsite.mydomain.com is included in the removal notice

If it's clearly stated that a site is just a demo or test one, then we don't require a separate remove key for it (although a license requires it for ANY site). For example, your store URL is demo.somestore.com or test.somestore.com

Simon.UK wrote:
Lastly this is more for my interest, just in case. The server licence is only valid for one IP. BUT we use different IP's for SSL on windows servers. So each ecom website we create has its own IP and SSL. How are other doing SSL on a domain with only 1 ip??? So is the server licence done some other way that I missed? I do I need to relook at how we do ssl on windows servers o.O

If you purchased a server-based copyright removal key (assigned to some IP address), then your sites should have this IP address. Usually home pages (in most cases) are not SSL protected and we validate the home page only.
8 years ago
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. We do have separate IP's for all of our stores. But is good to know which way it goes. Thanks Andrei.
8 years ago
Wow last time I bought one it was $50.

I suppose you guys have been working hard to make it a great product (which it is) so in the grand scheme of things that's not so bad.
8 years ago
Hi David,

We increased the cost about one year ago. By the way, we offer 30% discount during the next several days (Black Friday - Cyber Monday). please use "BLACK30" coupon code if you're interested in it.
8 years ago
They currently have Black Friday coupon for 30% off - good until Tue Dec 2
Coupon code is: BLACK30
8 years ago
Is there any possibility to remove NOP news announcement in admin panel ?
8 years ago
El-Emin wrote:
Is there any possibility to remove NOP news announcement in admin panel ?

Yes, you can remove the news feed from the administration section, see this: http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/Blog/post/Lavish-Kumar/49/How-to-remove-nopCommerce-site-news-feed-from-the-administration-dashboard-in-nopCommerce/
8 years ago
thank you,
and to change  nopcommerce @currentVersion above NEWS in admin pannel
you can do it in

/Administration/Views/Shared/_AdminLayout.cshtml

114  <div class="version">
115    <span>nopcommerce @currentVersion</span>
116  </div>
7 years ago
Does one key cover both WWW and non WWW for a single domain. If so, is their a preference as to which should be entered in the 'Enter Site URL' field here: https://www.screencast.com/t/cOzS5Jtx

Thanks

Rex
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.