"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
If anybody haven't purchased the powered by removal key, is he/she allowed to change the color of the text that says: "Powered By: nopCommerce" ? or that has to be left as is it in the theme and no one is allowed to change the text color ?

You're allowed to change the color of copyright notice.
Copied from the license: In addition, the "powered by nopCommerce" text, as appropriate, must be visible to all users, must appear in each user interface screen, and must be in the same position. When users click on the "powered by nopCommerce" text it must direct them to https://www.nopcommerce.com
13 years ago
Hi, Thanks for this post
I have a question: If i buy a licenses and change source code to my design patterns. What will happen?

Thanks!
13 years ago
chirox wrote:
I have a question: If i buy a licenses and change source code to my design patterns. What will happen?

Nothing =))) You're allowed to change source code as you wish
13 years ago
If I will create a whole new solution and project from nopCommerce 1.60 with around 10% alteration of mine. Do I have to buy a license for this ?
13 years ago
Yes. You can see it here:
All derivative works and copies of derivative works of the Covered Code in Executable and Source Code form must include on each user interface screen (i) the "powered by nopCommerce" text
13 years ago
For any updates or additions that I do, I need to add 'Powered by nopcommerce' on each page. Is this the only licensing term that we need to respect, in case we need to add / modify any existing code?

Also, can we delete or comment a part of original nopcommerce code if we don't wish to use it as per our requirement. Say for example if I want to use nopcommerce just to be used as product catalog rather than shopping cart then am I allowed to comment the code that is not required by us?
13 years ago
paragmehta wrote:
For any updates or additions that I do, I need to add 'Powered by nopcommerce' on each page. Is this the only licensing term that we need to respect, in case we need to add / modify any existing code?

You can find the other terms are here. Our license is based MPL. You can see it annotated here (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1-annotated.html)

paragmehta wrote:
Also, can we delete or comment a part of original nopcommerce code if we don't wish to use it as per our requirement. Say for example if I want to use nopcommerce just to be used as product catalog rather than shopping cart then am I allowed to comment the code that is not required by us?

Sure, you can
13 years ago
Thanks for the prompt reply. This helps. I went through licensing terms and most of things are clear to me now. However, I have still got one question:

If I make any change say for example add few features and then wish to re distribute the complete package (original code + the new features), then is it mandatory to share it with the nopcommerce.
13 years ago
The exact scenario that we wish to accomplish is:
1. Buy removal of 'Powered by nopCommerce' license.
2. Take nopCommerce product and modify (comment the section that's not required, add new features, update any feature, if need be) it based on client requirement and then re distribute that to client with the tag 'Powered by <our company name>.

1st point doesn't seem to be problem to me as I can see the exact solution for it on your website (of buying license to remove 'Powered by nopCommerce' text).
I am just confused about the 2nd point.
13 years ago
I think the license to remove the "Powered by nopCommerce" logo is by site.

So you can remove or replace it with a message of your own, but you must pay the license fee for each individual site that any nopCommerce derived pages are hosted from - even if most of the work ends up ebing your own
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.