"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello!
First of all, thank you and congratulations for this great product.
Refering to this post:
a.m. wrote:
1. Is it okay to buy licenses for domains prior to their adoption of nopCommerce?. It's OK
2. If a site is available through multiple domains do I need multiple licenses? Yes, These clients need a license for each domain name.
3. What is the duration of the license? Forever
4. Do you have any intentions to introduce a partner license? Currenly we don't offer it.

I've been asked to develop a website with nopCommerce, and the client wants to buy the license; we're wondering if we need to buy only one license or multiple license for these hypothetical scenarios having www.myawesomesite.com, -.net and -.eu:
A. All of them redirect to -.com
B. Each one of them keep their domain, but -.org/cart and -.eu/cart both show the same page as -.com/cart
C. -.net and -.eu have some sort of splash screen with a link to -.com, but nopCommerce is available only in -.com

I hope I've explained myself; they want only one site, but available through different TLD. The site would be running in one server, and it would have only one instance of it running. They only want redirects or url rewrites.
There's no commercial advantage or whatsoever, they just want their site to be available for misspelling...
12 years ago
svb wrote:
I've been asked to develop a website with nopCommerce, and the client wants to buy the license; we're wondering if we need to buy only one license or multiple license for these hypothetical scenarios having www.myawesomesite.com, -.net and -.eu:
A. All of them redirect to -.com
B. Each one of them keep their domain, but -.org/cart and -.eu/cart both show the same page as -.com/cart
C. -.net and -.eu have some sort of splash screen with a link to -.com, but nopCommerce is available only in -.com

I hope I've explained myself; they want only one site, but available through different TLD. The site would be running in one server, and it would have only one instance of it running. They only want redirects or url rewrites.
There's no commercial advantage or whatsoever, they just want their site to be available for misspelling...

A. If you're using 301 or 302 redirects to -.com site, then only one copyright removal key for myawesomesite.com
B. I presume you're using CNAME records. Several copyright removal key are required (one for each of your sites)
C. Only one copyright removal key for myawesomesite.com
12 years ago
In any of the cases?
Thank you very much for the prompt reply!
12 years ago
We bought the remove key and

How do we clear all declaration about nop commerce inside the code?
for example <!--Powered by nopCommerce - https://www.nopcommerce.com-->
    <!--Copyright (c) 2008-2012-->
is written in the code on the page?
12 years ago
mft2010 wrote:
We bought the remove key and

How do we clear all declaration about nop commerce inside the code?
for example <!--Powered by nopCommerce - https://www.nopcommerce.com-->
    <!--Copyright (c) 2008-2012-->
is written in the code on the page?

You have to manually remove "powered by nopCommerce" text in the bottom of the footer once the key is purchased (\Modules\Footer.ascx file for versions 1.X or \Views\Shared\Footer.cshtml file for further versions).

All other nopCommerce references could be removed without purchasing the copyright removal key (also just find them in the code and remove).
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

I just wanted to clarify something with you regarding copyright removal, I have been working
on the multistore version kindly supplied by Hezy, and what we are creating is a site that is
organsied by regions in the UK, ie: southwest, southeast London Etc Etc, all under one domain
but using a site for each region like so www.mydomain.com/southwest/myshop will i need to
purchase a copyright for each subdomain as I have 12 subdomains.

Kind Regards
Ron
11 years ago
WDD wrote:

I just wanted to clarify something with you regarding copyright removal, I have been working
on the multistore version kindly supplied by Hezy, and what we are creating is a site that is
organsied by regions in the UK, ie: southwest, southeast London Etc Etc, all under one domain
but using a site for each region like so www.mydomain.com/southwest/myshop will i need to
purchase a copyright for each subdomain as I have 12 subdomains.

Hi Ron,

Right, 12 keys. Have a look at this page: "A single key must be used for each store (URL) and may not be used more than once. You may not use a key to remove copyright on unlimited store installs on one website domain."
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Right, 12 keys. Have a look at this page: "A single key must be used for each store (URL) and may not be used more than once. You may not use a key to remove copyright on unlimited store installs on one website domain."

Andrei,

This isn't quite right, is it?  He has 12 subdomains, but multiple stores in each subdomain.  Isn't a copyright rmeoval key necessary for each store, not just each subdomain?

HD
11 years ago
HoosierDaddy wrote:
This isn't quite right, is it?  He has 12 subdomains, but multiple stores in each subdomain.  Isn't a copyright rmeoval key necessary for each store, not just each subdomain?

Everything is right, 12 keys for 12 domains.

Usually in e-commerce if you have multi-store support, each store is available on its own domain. For example, store1.mystore.com, store2.mystore.com, www.mystore.com/store3, and www.store4.com. So you can have only one installation and 4 domains/subdomains. In this case you need 4 copyright removal keys.

But if we're talking about Hezy implementation (plz note, it's not an official version), then stores are just entities in your database (information from all of them are displayed on a single URL - http://demo.online-ex.com). In this case only one copyright removal key is required
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

Not a problem, many thanks for the clarification, hope to have everything finished by June.

Kind Regards
Ron
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.