"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Andrei,

Just to clarify, if I do a multi-store implementation like this, then I only need a single removal key?

www.mysite.com/store1
www.mysite.com/store2
www.mysite.com/store3

It's multiple unique stores, but a single database.  Thanks.
11 years ago
HoosierDaddy wrote:
Just to clarify, if I do a multi-store implementation like this, then I only need a single removal key?

www.mysite.com/store1
www.mysite.com/store2
www.mysite.com/store3

It's multiple unique stores, but a single database.  Thanks.

It depends on your implementation. Please see this post.

If these URLs are created separately in your control panel by configuring a new domains/sites/IIS applications, then you need 3 removal keys.

If these URLs are just routes (like in Hezy implementation) and you have only one domain/site/IIS application, then one key is enough.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

Sorry I meant to ask this question in my original post, I have now bought the removal key for our main site, but what I forgot to ask was, if we want to add a demonstration site for people to view ie:fashiondemo.mysite.com, will we need to purchase extra keys, as we are going to be showing at a big exhibition in London shortly.

Kind Regards
Ron
11 years ago
WDD wrote:
if we want to add a demonstration site for people to view ie:fashiondemo.mysite.com, will we need to purchase extra keys, as we are going to be showing at a big exhibition in London shortly.

Yes (it's another domain and nopCommerce installation).
11 years ago
[quote=a.m.]1. Is it okay to buy licenses for domains prior to their adoption of nopCommerce?. It's OK

Do I have to inform nopcommerce about the purshased domain?
11 years ago
Keem wrote:
Do I have to inform nopcommerce about the purshased domain?

Not sure that I got you. If you go to the copyright removal key product details page (here), you will have to enter your site URL in order to purchase the key
11 years ago
I am looking at incorporating nopCommerce into an existing application and part of the requirement would be the remove of the powered by copyright.

I have gone through and read several posts concerning this and I am still confused as to how many keys would be required.

The site setup is as follows, there is a single website load balanced across multiple servers. There is a single domain, say mydomain.com that is used for the site, but users access it via different host names, like site1.mydomain.com, site2.mydomain.com, etc. It is still 1 website, 1 IIS application, it is just accessed via multiple host names. To further explain, in IIS, there is a host header entry in the Bindings for each entry. We can have hundreds of these different entries for the mydomain.com site, which makes the purchase of a key for each cost prohibitive. Purchasing a key for each separate load balanced web server is doable.

Thanks
11 years ago
vbxpert wrote:

It's fine to purchase only one copyright removal key for mydomain.com

UPDATE: It was fine before having multi-store support. As you may know we added the multi-store support in version 3.00 (two months ago). In order to prevent abuse of this functionality (a store owner can have several similar stores and just say that it's the same store) now you need to purchase the copyright removal key for each of your URLs (CNAME records). It's discussed later in this forum topic.
10 years ago
Do I need to buy one or two keys for a single website with a single database that has two domains pointing at it. e.g.. www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com.au?

Cheers,

Mike.
10 years ago
Bojangles wrote:
Do I need to buy one or two keys for a single website with a single database that has two domains pointing at it. e.g.. www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com.au?

Two keys if you're using CNAME records. One key if you're using some kind of redirection (301 or 302). Please see this post of mine for more info
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.