SQL Command Times out after 30 seconds

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,
I have a nopcommerce 2.3 setup and it has about 7000 products and some complex queries (with filters) need more time than 30 seconds to execute. I was wondering where and how I can change the sql command timeout to 60 seconds.
11 years ago
Have a look at the latest version. The stored procedure used for product searching is MUCH faster now (tested on million products)
11 years ago
Sorry, update to the latest version is not an option, I'm looking to edit the command timeout at the version I have set up the client (they are working on it for several months now).
11 years ago
Is the new stored proc compatible with v2.3?
11 years ago
No. You'll have to modify it a bit. Make some investigation (remove new parameters, etc)
6 years ago
georgemak wrote:
Hi,
I have a nopcommerce 2.3 setup and it has about 7000 products and some complex queries (with filters) need more time than 30 seconds to execute. I was wondering where and how I can change the sql command timeout to 60 seconds.

Were you able to increase the timeout?
I am facing the same issue query execution takes time(50- 60sec) and application returns timeout.
5 years ago
Sorry to reignite an old post, but it seems the answer was missing for some people. Please see below.

You can increase the timeout within Nop.Data > EfRepository.cs

We had issues with an INSERT timing out so we updated the Insert and Update methods.

Note: This was for version 3.5

public virtual void Insert(T entity)
        {
            try
            {
                if (entity == null)
                    throw new ArgumentNullException("entity");

// DBG Added - Increase timeout for inserting into the database
                var previousTimeout = ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout;
                ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout = 120;

this.Entities.Add(entity);

this._context.SaveChanges();

// DBG Added - Revert timeout back to its original value
                ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout = previousTimeout;
            }
            catch (DbEntityValidationException dbEx)
            {
                throw new Exception(GetFullErrorText(dbEx), dbEx);
            }
        }

public virtual void Update(T entity)
        {
            try
            {
                if (entity == null)
                    throw new ArgumentNullException("entity");

// DBG Added - Increase timeout for updating objects in the database
                var previousTimeout = ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout;
                ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout = 120;

this._context.SaveChanges();

// DBG Added - Revert timeout back to its original value
                ((DbContext) this._context).Database.CommandTimeout = previousTimeout;
            }
            catch (DbEntityValidationException dbEx)
            {
                throw new Exception(GetFullErrorText(dbEx), dbEx);
            }
        }
5 years ago
Long running queries are always failing at 30 seconds, even when the CommandTimeout parameter is 0 or greater than 30.
SO, Do below steps for Optimize the database.

1.Remove the unused index.
2. Removing the Redundant Indexes.
3. Shrink the database.

To set CommandTimeout, you can check at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10549640/how-to-set-commandtimeout-for-dbcontext
5 years ago
Long running queries are always failing at 30 seconds, even when the CommandTimeout parameter is 0 or greater than 30.
SO, Do below steps for Optimize the database.

1.Remove the unused index.
2. Removing the Redundant Indexes.
3. Shrink the database.

To set CommandTimeout, you can check at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10549640/how-to-set-commandtimeout-for-dbcontext
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.