Negative Prices

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

is it possible to have articles with negative prices? For example I want to have products with a price of € -0.25. I want to use is for deposit bottles (?), for which the customers gets cash back.
It's possible to enter negative prices for variants, but during checkout the displayed price is always € 0.00.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Meikel
11 years ago
No. It's not possible out of the box. But you can vote for this work item here
11 years ago
Kinda funny - I have the exact same question...

Have been experimenting with nopcommerce a bit now, I'm really impressed (!), but think I'm stuck on the "empty bottles".
But other people must (?) have had the same issue, so if negative prices won't do it, perhaps there's a better way?

Examples: beer comes in bottles, or on a larger scale, any other stuff might be shipped on a "euro-pallet".

The customer pays for the bottles/pallets (normally no VAT is charged).
He may return the bottles/pallet to any supplier, and will get them refunded.
In practice, with returning customers, only the difference (what goes out - what comes back) is charged.

How could this be done with nopCommerce?

Any suggestions much appreciated!
11 years ago
What you can do is to assign reward points that can be used as discount for next buy.
Otherwise you can use discount coupons.
There aren't other solutions.
11 years ago
kustar wrote:
Kinda funny - I have the exact same question...

Have been experimenting with nopcommerce a bit now, I'm really impressed (!), but think I'm stuck on the "empty bottles".
But other people must (?) have had the same issue, so if negative prices won't do it, perhaps there's a better way?

Examples: beer comes in bottles, or on a larger scale, any other stuff might be shipped on a "euro-pallet".

The customer pays for the bottles/pallets (normally no VAT is charged).
He may return the bottles/pallet to any supplier, and will get them refunded.
In practice, with returning customers, only the difference (what goes out - what comes back) is charged.

How could this be done with nopCommerce?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Use  product attributes which accept negative price increases. Example create a product "Returned bottles" with price $0.00 but one product attribute "number of bottles" and values 1, 2, 3, ... and corresponding price adjustments -$0.10, -$0.20, -$0.30 (or whatever you pay for each returned bottles).
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:

Use  product attributes which accept negative price increases. Example create a product "Returned bottles" with price $0.00 but one product attribute "number of bottles" and values 1, 2, 3, ... and corresponding price adjustments -$0.10, -$0.20, -$0.30 (or whatever you pay for each returned bottles).

Thanks!!
That sounds like an interesting track - I'm looking into it right now.

Now, for the 'empty bottles' and for other reasons, adjustments will need to be done by the admin.
This is possible by adding products/changing quantities/... from the admin area.

However, not only do product price and product total need to be entered manually, the adjustments also need to be repeated in the order totals (admitted: there *is* a warning about that).

This is very error-prone, and I don't see the reason for this behavior?
I would think,
- by default the unit price should be fetched for the product, and the prices (total and incl tax) should be calculated automatically?
- same for the order totals, or perhaps, a 'recalculate order totals' button would be very useful there...?

Or am I missing the point somewhere?
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:

I tried out your suggestion, but it seems I run into the same issue as mbode - configuration goes just fine, but in the shopping cart I see 0.00 as price.

Did find the mod described on https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3770/attribute-negative-price-adjustment.aspx though.

@a.m. or @eadameg: is this mod advisable, i.e. has no unwanted side effects? (just wonder cuz that post is of more than a year ago, but the mod hasn't made it into the the code base?)

Many thanks...!
11 years ago
kustar wrote:

Did find the mod described on https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3770/attribute-negative-price-adjustment.aspx though.

@a.m. or @eadameg: is this mod advisable, i.e. has no unwanted side effects? (just wonder cuz that post is of more than a year ago, but the mod hasn't made it into the the code base?)

Meanwhile I found out that this mod must be about an older version of nopCommerce - nopCommerce has been thoroughly restructured since then?

I *should* find the time to get more familiar with the code base...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.