How does all schedule task work?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hey everyone...
I'm working on Nop 2.30.
I just want to know about schedule task.
How does all schedule task work? What exactly application does while schedule task invoke? Can you guys explain me whole flow for schedule task?

Thank in advance.
11 years ago
When the application is started, the TaskManager loads all of the scheduled tasks and creates a thread for each.  It then starts each task's timer.  When the timer runs out, the task executes.  Once the task is completed, it restarts the timer and waits to run again.
11 years ago
Thanks Andy....
11 years ago
I have queued emails sitting for 1-2 hours before they send.  The attempts are 0 and no errors.  I am assuming there may be a problem with the amount of time set for tasks.  Is there any way to check?
11 years ago
Admin > System > Schedule Tasks >> Send Emails

(this feature is recent addition ?2.60?,  If not there, you will need to direct access the ScheduleTask table in the database)
9 years ago
does this work on nopcommerce's implementaiton on windows azure, where its installed as a website not as a cloud service?

thanks
4 years ago
If u use Azure to NopCommerce, add the website's IP address from the Web App properties to the access rules in the Access Restrictions tab
2 years ago
I know this thread is super-old, but in case anyone else stumbles across this, I've just written a free plugin that might help with situations like this: https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/enhanced-schedule-task-monitoring

It gives you a history of when tasks have run, and if there were any errors.  Hopefully it might help someone!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.