How to deal with order changes?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
First, let me point out: I've found other people asking about recalculation of orders after e.g. removing a product, and I know about issue 10735 which should address it.
However, this issue only has 9 votes so it'doesn't look like it's going to be tackled soon :o)

I'd like to do tackle this issue myself, but it looks not that easy. So before diving into that, I'd like to ask

How do *you* (everyone here) deal with changes to orders?

This is not uncommon, is it? E.g. a product appears to be unavailable so has to be removed from an order, a quantity needs to be changed,....
Currently, it's so much (error prone) manual calculation that I can't imagine people doing this.

So, I wonder how other shop owners are dealing with this??
11 years ago
kustar wrote:
First, let me point out: I've found other people asking about recalculation of orders after e.g. removing a product, and I know about issue 10735 which should address it.
However, this issue only has 9 votes so it'doesn't look like it's going to be tackled soon :o)

I'd like to do tackle this issue myself, but it looks not that easy. So before diving into that, I'd like to ask

This is not uncommon, is it? E.g. a product appears to be unavailable so has to be removed from an order, a quantity needs to be changed,....
Currently, it's so much (error prone) manual calculation that I can't imagine people doing this.

It is really VERY complex to tackle it since it has to consider the products and their attributes and their inventory, weight, attributes and tier price/weight adjustments;  regular, old and tiered prices, special prices and discount and tax rules (all which change from time to time); shipping expenses etc. etc.
In my experience it is very uncommon. If you have inventory control (which is very important for certain kinds of products which have limited availability, such as clothes, shoes, etc.) then changes are rare. The number of votes and requests for that are indicative that there is not much demand for it.
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

It is really VERY complex to tackle it since it has to consider the products and their atributes and their inventory, weight, attributes and thier price/weight adjustments;  regular, old and tiered prices, special prices and discount and tax rules (all which change from time to time); shipping expenses etc. etc.
In my experience it is very uncommon. If you have inventory control (which is very important for certain kinds of products which have limited availavility, such as clothes, shoes, etc.) then changes are rare. The number of votes and requests for that are indicative that there is not much demand for it.

Why allow updating order using orderevent if the totals can't to recalculated or am I missing something?
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

It is really VERY complex to tackle it since it has to consider the products and their atributes and their inventory, weight, attributes and thier price/weight adjustments;  regular, old and tiered prices, special prices and discount and tax rules (all which change from time to time); shipping expenses etc. etc.
In my experience it is very uncommon. If you have inventory control (which is very important for certain kinds of products which have limited availavility, such as clothes, shoes, etc.) then changes are rare. The number of votes and requests for that are indicative that there is not much demand for it.

Why allow updating order using orderevent if the totals can't to recalculated or am I missing something?
4 years ago
Did you ever get this Order Totals fixed or find a workaround? It is very important to my business. I have managers  that make a mistake in addition and it kills my bottom line. Manually calculating is not why we use a Cart.
4 years ago
Dingomann wrote:
Did you ever get this Order Totals fixed or find a workaround? It is very important to my business. I have managers  that make a mistake in addition and it kills my bottom line. Manually calculating is not why we use a Cart.

Check this here for setting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.