Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi all,

I am looking for an updated answer to what the best hosting service is for NopCommerce. I am currently hosting my site in Arvixe but the response times are just horrible.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
11 years ago
Juan,

If you'd like to give me your support ticket #, I'll escalate this to see why you've had such a bad experience with response times. I use Arvixe, and overall, I've had very solid response times on any tickets I've had to open.

I do highly recommend using the VPS service, especially if you're hosting multiple sites.
11 years ago
madestro wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for an updated answer to what the best hosting service is for NopCommerce. I am currently hosting my site in Arvixe but the response times are just horrible.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am facing the same problem as well. often the site just can't be found.
11 years ago
Hi,

As a representative of Arvixe, if you can PM me any tickets you have and the domains you are having the issue on I will make sure they are handled properly. Your sites will be handled with the care and we will make sure they are up and working properly.

Regards,
11 years ago
Actually, when I said "reponse times" I was referring to the time it's taking the server to produce a response to a request. My pages take on average 6 to 10 seconds (or more) to load.

I am on a reseller account by the way. I submitted a ticket sometime ago but aside from one person, no one else actually took a look a the performance. I mean, I am running 2 websites there, mine which is a simple ASP.NET site with maybe 10 hits a day and the NopCommerce site I am having issues with. I understand these are shared servers but even then, performance is just not there. Some may blame the NopCommerce application but I know of other people who have had the same issue with Arvixe and gone to other hosts and have no problems ever since.

How am I supposed to resell hosting when the very first website I try to deploy gives me 10 second responses?

The point is I gave up with tech support. I am just going to host it somewhere else.

Back to the question at hand, anyone knows some other hosting provider that runs NopCommerce at decent speeds without requiring expensive, dedicated or private virtual server accounts?

Is it perhaps that NopCommerce is to blame and not the hosting provider?

IndigoTea wrote:
Juan,

If you'd like to give me your support ticket #, I'll escalate this to see why you've had such a bad experience with response times. I use Arvixe, and overall, I've had very solid response times on any tickets I've had to open.

I do highly recommend using the VPS service, especially if you're hosting multiple sites.
11 years ago
Yep. That has happened to me with the NopCommerce site as well. I wish I had the time to look under the hood. There might be performance issues with database access but I would doubt it since so many other people use NopCommerce successfully.

Ascudgamln wrote:

I am facing the same problem as well. often the site just can't be found.
11 years ago
Honestly I am kind of frustrated since this has been the case since July. I have a business deal pending with this site and I cannot afford to waste any more time trying to figure out what's wrong. My business partner is running our of patience and I must launch it ASAP.

I will send you a PM with the ticket number anyways. Maybe there is something you can do while I look for another host but the second I find one, I am pulling the trigger.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

noaharvixe wrote:
Hi,

As a representative of Arvixe, if you can PM me any tickets you have and the domains you are having the issue on I will make sure they are handled properly. Your sites will be handled with the care and we will make sure they are up and working properly.

Regards,
11 years ago
I switched to a vps through Accuwebhosting might want to try them.  My site moves pretty fast, www.happycoral.com
11 years ago
I can say that a VPS is a very good idea, if you're planning to host nopCommerce.

These three 2.6-based nopCommerce sites currently run on the same Arvixe VPS, along with a couple dozen mojoPortal sites.

www.freyasgardendesigns.com
www.brigidsrosary.com
www.dreamhats.com

I have found that if it's a new site that doesn't get much initial traffic, it's a good idea to put an external monitoring service on it, to ensure that the site doesn't spin down between visits - that can cause bad response times.
11 years ago
We are currently at ARVIXE and are quickly making plans to leave.  Arvixe seems to be down more than up.  Suddenly, yesterday, they shut us down and blamed our "scripts" for hogging their CPU.  24 hours later, we checked our "scripts" and everything is the same as our test server, which is running fine.

We are having a very bad experience with Arvixe on just about every front.  Email sucks. server is slow. Techs are pleasant enough, but leave you on hold for upwards of 15min at a time and never seem to be able to solve anything.  Spending way too much time with their trouble tickets, which is a pain.

Arvixe has been absolutely terrible for us.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.