Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Tommy,

Our techs found your ticket and went through the error log. They have just sent you the error for the site and it looks like there was an issue with one of the plugins. If you respond to the ticket they will be able to assist you further. The ticket is being handled by QA now, please let them know what we can do for you.

Regards,
11 years ago
Hi Juan,

nopCommerce does work on our ASP plans (PersonalClass, BusinessClass, VPS) and we would like to help any customer that is having problems with it. I do see your ticket was last responded to by Michael from QA. If you are still having an issue with it, I encourage you to contact him or you can PM me your issue and we will work with you to make sure your account is functioning properly.

madestro wrote:
The recurring theme here seems to be that Arvixe's shared hosting just doesn't work for NopCommerce.

I wish I had known this and the NopCommerce team should note it somewhere since Arvixe is the number one listed suggested hosting provider.

Regards,
11 years ago
Thanks it´s up running again and I got the error reason which was a bad plugin, so it´s not to blame Arvixe this time.
11 years ago
Tommy, I'm glad you've got it sorted. If you run into any more issues, PM Noah or I, and we'll do our best to get you taken care of. Have a great day!
11 years ago
I tried Arvixe yesterday for a setup on the Personal Class with NOPCommerce installed. I paid $52 for 6 months with a static IP address.

I had a few issues and had to get support to actually assign the static IP address but other than that it was painless to setup. That said, the performance of the control panel and site in particular was terrible to the point of unusable and this morning I've asked them to honour the money back guarantee. The site was taking sometimes 30 seconds to respond.

I should have read the forums about the warnings here first rather than assuming that as a Platinum partner for NOPCommerce they would be any good. I sincerely hope that the people running NOP reconsider promoting this company until they can resolve the performance issues.
11 years ago
Paul,

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience; I'm working with the Arvixe team to determine the minimum viable configuration for a nopCommerce installation to run effectively on shared hosting - hopefully we'll have better news soon.

In the meantime, for anyone setting up their nopCommerce for the first time - bear in mind that if your site is new, or has little traffic, you'll be dealing with "spin-up" times every time. To avoid that instantiation delay, use a third-party monitoring service like Uptime Robot, which is free, to help keep your site in an active state. It's good business to use a monitor service anyway, and it improves your site availability - win-win.
11 years ago
Yes, robot is needed .... because you also reset all the apps every hour. There's got to be a better way to deal with resource problems.
(P.S.  Do you also do this auto-reset on Business class and VPS?)
11 years ago
With a VPS, you have more autonomy, since it's your virtual server to configure according to your needs. I'll let Noah answer regarding the Business class, since I don't have a Business account.
11 years ago
Discountasp.net is possibly the best host for cheap, reliable shared hosting of aspnet sites, I will be hosting my firs tnop site with them soon.
11 years ago
Well, I thought I would post an update for those interested.

So through this thread I was reached by someone from Arvixe. They explained the shared hosting should work for sites with higher volume... apparently the application recycles (or something, no one seems to know) and since NopCommerce has a few things initializing, it takes a while. A site with decent traffic will not allow the recycling to occur, hence it "should" work fine. Alternatively, you could get a ping service to keep the site alive. This proved not to work on my case. It did speed up the site a bit but it was still sluggish.

Per Arvixe's advice I decided to provision a VPS. It does work better indeed. The site is definitely faster but my cost has more than doubled. The support SUCKS. In fact, I came here to post this because of my frustration. I had a customer waiting for a website and e-mail services which I intended to provide through my VPS. Trying to set this up through their control panel threw an error. It's been a whole day and multiple tickets asking for resolution on this issue and I have not heard from anyone. I even forwarded the ticket to multiple Arvixe e-mail addresses and NOT ONE REPLY beyond the original "send me screenshots" one.

Needless to say I lost my customer. I lost revenue on the e-mail services and I lost the time and effort I spent on my customer's site. I am just waiting for them to reply to my issue with the VPS so I can tell them to decommission the damn thing.

Final recommendation: host it somewhere else. If someone knows of a reliable hosting solution for NopCommerce, please let us know.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.