Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
daveb wrote:
We use Rackspace for hosting.

Webserver 16GB ram, 2 x 4 core processor + dedicated SQL server 8GB,  2 x 4 core processor

Rackspace support is excellent.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a link to a NopCommerce site we can visit? I would like to see the request serving speed...
11 years ago
daveb wrote:

Webserver 16GB ram, 2 x 4 core processor + dedicated SQL server 8GB,  2 x 4 core processor

How much do they charge for that?
11 years ago
madestro wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a link to a NopCommerce site we can visit? I would like to see the request serving speed...

There are a number of sites co-hosted on the server

Camlab v1.7

Saunders Direct v1.9

Lab Uk v2.4

and others

Can't comment on price as that's commercially sensitive but it's not cheap but then the support is as I said excellent.

Lets just say the 1 month cost of the servers doesn't cover 1 days turn-over of the sites. So going down for a day is not an option.
11 years ago
Thank you for sharing the sites.

I would appreciate it if you can share site metrics (number of hits) via private message. Apparently NopCommerce functions well under a minimal threshold and your sites seem to run just fine.

I will understand if you are unable to share that information.

Thanks again!
11 years ago
Quick update I think some of you will find useful (and interesting)...

I am moving my sites out of Arvixe. The mail host that handles my domain got flagged as SPAM and I have been unable to send an e-mail since.

It's now been four hours and no answer to my support ticket either.
11 years ago
madestro wrote:

I am moving my sites out of Arvixe. The mail host that handles my domain got flagged as SPAM and I have been unable to send an e-mail since.

Juan,

I've run into this before; the quickest fix is to have them switch out your IP address, and you should be all right. Send me your ticket # at [email protected], and I'll get it escalated for you.
11 years ago
IndigoTea wrote:

Juan,

I've run into this before; the quickest fix is to have them switch out your IP address, and you should be all right. Send me your ticket # at [email protected], and I'll get it escalated for you.

Thank you IndigoTea but I am tired of Arvixe. I have already purchased a package with another provider.
11 years ago
I only lasted about 2 weeks with Arvixe and that was about 18 months ago the speed out of the server was absolutely terrible I can see from this thread it hasn't improved any
11 years ago
It's not the servers; it's the hosting plan you choose for your nopCommerce instance, and site traffic. I've got several nopCommerce clients on my Arvixe VPS, and we don't get any complaints on speed or performance, from either the site users or owners. One of my clients did a charity sale this week that garnered huge hits in traffic, and we didn't see a noticeable hit on the server performance at all.
11 years ago
IndigoTea wrote:
It's not the servers; it's the hosting plan you choose for your nopCommerce instance, and site traffic. I've got several nopCommerce clients on my Arvixe VPS, and we don't get any complaints on speed or performance, from either the site users or owners. One of my clients did a charity sale this week that garnered huge hits in traffic, and we didn't see a noticeable hit on the server performance at all.

Since you work at Arvixe, I have a suggestion for Arvixe that I think would cause a vast improvement of the reviews about Avixe on the Nopcommerce forum.  My suggestion is that Avixe should not use the term unlimited.  This is because at first glance 99% of customers will think that the personal class would work just fine with Nopcommerce.

To show you what I mean here is the Avixe personal class:

Personal Class
--------------------------------------------------
Disk Space:    Unlimited
Data Transfer: Unlimited
Domains: 6
Dedicated Application Pools: 6
Free Domain Yes
--------------------------------------------------

I know that most companies have a legal definition for the term "Unlimited" somewhere in their terms of service, however most of the time the definition means that it is not unlimited.

Using the term "unlimited" causes people to signup for the "small" plan.  When this "unlimited plan" is not unlimited, people become unhappy with the service and start to write negative reviews.

From a business stand point, it might be easier to get someone to signup for a low cost plan vs. a large plan with the goal of then bumping them onto a larger plan later.  

However, when customers get confused into thinking that "unlimited" is really unlimited and that they can host a large, heavy traffic Nopcommerce store on this plan, the negative reviews might have more of a negative impact on Avixe then it is worth.

I think that people who have problems are more likely to post a review then those who have a small enough website to fit into the plan.

To sum it all up, my suggestion is that Avixe should be very clear that the smaller plans were not completely unlimited, and that these plans are not the best option for applications like Nopcommerce.  This would help people get to the right plan.  Also, I think this would make more people happy with Arvixe's service which would in turn have a positive impact for Avixe on the Nopcommerce forum.

Please note, this is just a suggestion solely based off of the comments I see about Arvixe on the this forum as I personally do not have any experience with the Avixe personal plan.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.