Furniture theme released (by nopCommerce team)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

Today we released a new Furniture theme for nopCommerce.

Please find more information about it on the product details page here.

Also please see live demo.

Looking forward for your feedback

UPDATE (September 5th): Furniture theme is now responsive. Please check out the demo here or see how it looks on different devices here

UPDATE: also have a look at our other official themes: Computer theme, Wedding theme, Clothes theme
11 years ago
It's awesome. Clean yet very impressive.

All the best!
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,

The theme looks very good indeed!

Just wondering are there more themes on the way from nopCommerce, because this would be an exit call for all third party vendors? We do not think that any vendor can effectively compete with commercial products developed by the "mothership" so to say, for obvious reasons.

It would be great for theme vendors to learn about the nopCommerce business development strategy.

Thanks
11 years ago
Sure. As you may know currently we earn on selling the user guide, copyright removal key, premium support and customization services.

This theme is more like an experiment to see how popular (and profitable) it could be. There will be 3 more themes released: computer store, clothes store, wedding store. PSD are already done, HTML markup is being developed now. Then we plan (maybe) to develop several commercial plugins (not related to theming) such as shipping or payment modules, feeds, live chats, etc.

But most of our efforts is currently focused on the customization services.

7Spikes wrote:
We do not think that any vendor can effectively compete...

I'm sure you can =))) Your themes are very-very good.
Furthermore, companies behind other open-source shopping carts such prestshop, magento also develop themes. And it does not stop third-party vendors.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

Today we release a new Furniture theme for nopCommerce.

Good job!  The theme looks very very nice.  I like the modern look, and the layout for the home page.  It is nice to see that you are starting to sell themes.

One thought, you might see what it looks like with a little more padding for the light brown hover on the main horizontal menu.

7Spikes wrote:
Just wondering are there more themes on the way from nopCommerce, because this would be an exit call for all third party vendors? We do not think that any vendor can effectively compete with commercial products developed by the "mothership" so to say, for obvious reasons.

I don't think that is the case.  Your company has many plugins that come with your themes.  These are things that themes made by nopcommerce would not have.  Also, every theme is different and one person might like one theme over a different one.

I see themes by Nopcommerce as a good way to support the open source project.  Maybe some designers could even "donate" a theme or two that the Nopcommerce team could sell the raise money.

I feel that the more people selling themes and the more variety there is, the more popular Nopcommerce will become.
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:

Tim2376 wrote:

I don't think that is the case.  Your company has many plugins that come with your themes.  These are things that themes made by nopcommerce would not have.  Also, every theme is different and one person might like one theme over a different one.

I agree 1000%

Tim2376 wrote:

I feel that the more people selling themes and the more variety there is, the more popular Nopcommerce will become.

... and the more popular Nopcommerce is there will be  more demand for themes and plugins
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:

"Mothership" is certainly  a plus and Nop-Templates has also build a very good reputation which gives "mothership" to its products. The Maps app for mobiles gives a good example; it was a total faliure for Apple (despite the best "mothership" in the market) and Google basically won because its app was better and in this case its "mothership" was not very relevant

Said that, I  do think that to label this theme as "official" might be misleading.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

The theme looks really amazing.

However I do share the concerns pointed out by 7Spikes.

Only you know release dates and the final code changes, so you can release a new nopCommerce version whenever you have all your own plugins and themes updated for the new version, or at least you know upfront what to update in your themes and plugins. Furthermore you can make it a lot easier for customers buying official releases to update more or less automatically by integrating a update feature into nopCommerce this will not be possible for products from 3rd part vendors.

As a 3rd part vendor we are always a step behind and after a release we use a lot of hours to get all our products updated which can take days/weeks to get the whole product range updated.

I am agree that people have different taste, demands and budgets for themes and plugins but I´m afraid that official releases gives your own themes and plugins to much advantages, but let´s see how it turns out.

Do you concider to give discount to Solution partners for official releases?
11 years ago
TCH wrote:
Only you know release dates...

Actually everybody knows about release dates. Just monitor the appropriate "roadmap" topics into News and Announcements forums.

TCH wrote:
Only you know... the final code changes...

You can monitor how the upcoming version is being developed. All source code (the latest one) is available on codeplex. So you know absolutely the same information as I do. Furthermore, for example, I know that nop-templates updates their themes quite fast because they monitor the latest source code available on codeplex. You can do it the same way.

TCH wrote:
Furthermore you can make it a lot easier for customers buying official releases to update more or less automatically by integrating a update feature into nopCommerce this will not be possible for products from 3rd part vendors.

That's just assumption. Why do you think that I'm going to do so?

TCH wrote:
As a 3rd part vendor we are always a step behind and after a release we use a lot of hours to get all our products updated which can take days/weeks to get the whole product range updated.

Please see my first reply. Also I don't understand what you suggest. Don't release the new version (and stop further changes in the official source code before release) until all vendors update their plugins/themes? I don't think that everybody will like such approach. I can also say we'll start updating our themes also only after the release. But I don't think that it'll take weeks (maybe, 1-2 days).

TCH wrote:

If I got you right, see my first reply. Information about the release dates is always available on the forums
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Only you know release dates...
Actually everybody knows about release dates. Just monitor the appropriate "roadmap" topics into News and Announcements forums.

Yes I know you always announce expected releases but this is not a fixed date, it´s usuallay a estimated release date. I´m not thinking of me here because I visit nopcommerce.com every day, but for new vendors and shop owners it could be a help if you planned the future releases and put them on the site maybe on the roadmap page, easy to find for all new users too.

a.m. wrote:

Only you know... the final code changes...
You can monitor how the upcoming version is being developed. All source code (the latest one) is available on codeplex. So you know absolutely the same information as I do. Furthermore, for example, I know that nop-templates updates their themes quite fast because they monitor the latest source code available on codeplex. You can do it the same way.

I certainly do look through or install the code from codeplex every week, trying to be ahead with changes. But anyway you are in charge of the modifications so off course you are one step ahead of others how the final code will be.

a.m. wrote:

Furthermore you can make it a lot easier for customers buying official releases to update more or less automatically by integrating a update feature into nopCommerce this will not be possible for products from 3rd part vendors.
That's just assumption. Why do you think that I'm going to do so?

I´m just pointing out the concerns that this could have for 3rd part vendors, I don´t know your plan, But I recall I have seen some plans for easy updates of official plugins and I think it´s only natural and in highly need of a better way of updating nopCommerce. I know you will think of 3rd part vendors as much as possible before you implement any updates this is not an attack of you Andrei not at all. I don´t get why you have waited this long for releasing themes as it have been a weak spot for nopCommerce, now it will be lifted up where it belongs, the sale and support hopefully will grow for all of us.

a.m. wrote:

If I got you right, see my first reply. Information about the release dates is always available on the forums

No I ment if you would concider to give x% discount on official theme/plugin releases to Solution partners :-)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.