Upgrade 1.4 for Godaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
How can we apply this upgrade if we are using godaddy?  I know I was having problems with this before.  Is there an effiecient way to upgrade without the site shutting down?
14 years ago
Hi,

First take a copy of the connectionstrings.config file. As the web install does not like Godaddy databases.

You should download the non source version of nopcommerce 1.40

Then upload all the 1.30 files overwriting the old files. Once you have done that upload the connectionstrings.config file you created earlier so it replaces the 1.40 version.

Next

Go into your Hosting Control Panel, Select Databases then SQL Server.

Click Manage Via web admin on your nopcommerce SQL server & Login using your database username and password.

4a. Expand the tools folder on the left (if it is not already) and click on Query Analyzer.

4b. Now Press Open SQL File. Navigate to the Install/Scripts/1.40 File within Nop Commerce on your local machine and open nopCommerce_upgrade.sql once this has opened press Execute. This will have updated your database for you.

Now visit your site it should be working fine and be upgraded to version 1.40.

Hope that helps.
14 years ago
I tied this but it didn't work - it gives me an internal error.

Any one can help upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4 on godaddy?
14 years ago
Godaddy Solution for 1.40V  New Installation not UPGRATION!!! (this might helpful for this topic for viewers)
im a beginner here in nopcommerce but have experience i just started with 1.30 v with Godaddy webhosting, i really luv the features of 1.40v but had many system error in upgration finally i figured out a way for complete installation

followup screencasts:-
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Screencasts/Installation.aspx

but you got to figure out the SQL Server hostname to complete the 2nd step of installation
(i.e. you must give the exact ==> SQL Server name or IP address of your hosting Database)

To Find the Host Name of Your SQL Database: (Steps for Godaddy users)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• In the My Products section, select Hosting Account List.
• Next to the hosting account you want to modify, click Open.
• In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Center, click the icon for the type of database you're interested in.
• From your list of databases, click the Pencil icon next to the database you want more information about.
• The Database Information page displays. You will find the host name for your database on this page.

(note in the 3rd step I WAS ABLE TO CHOOSE ONLY CREATE NEW TABLE , could not choose the existing table, thats what i remind u again above steps for only Fresh installation with sample datas,  not for upgration with existing tables !!!!
14 years ago
the problem is with the database; I had to create a new database in sql server; then make sure to check on the allow external access.
once I did this I could finish the setup.
14 years ago
jegan, did you do a clean full source install or a no source install?  i'm still running into problems trying to do a fresh full source install on godaddy...
14 years ago
you have to do with NO SOURCE

just followup this screencast:-
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Screencasts/Installation.aspx

* Upload no source contents with filezilla (fTP application) some files might get failed to upload, that you can see in the next tab (if so select all & arrange with queue again, all shud be uploaded with no fails, till that do manually)

Once done you need to creat a SQL database in godaddy manually

But in Godaddy creating SQL database is different steps:-
if u have subscribed a basic webhosting u will have only 1 sql database, if you have already created a database for someother installatin, u need to delete it to use with this installation

to delete a SQL database (for godaddy users)
----------------------------------------------------------
• In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Center, click the icon of SQL database.
• From your list of databases, click the DELETE X icon next to the database you want to delete
then refresh the complete page after 5 mins. now you shud be able to create a new SQL DAtabase

to Creat a SQL database (for godaddy users)
----------------------------------------------------------
• In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Center, click the icon of SQL database.
• Create New table
Give a Description for ur database (this description not required in future for any installation)
Database name/User (give a unique name for ur database)
Password (your sql database password)
Important (at the right CHOOSE allow direct access to DATABASE)
now create & refresh your page after 5 mins. you database must be created.

then Start the Installation as shown in the screen cast

* INstallation on the 3rd Option you need to choose Create with Existing Table give ur info
* usually godaddy will not be able to write ur database info in the installation files, anyway u will be notified,
   u need to open a file through Godaddy FILE MANAGER (select file & click EDIT from menu) open the text file add the
   information as shown in the installation then close it, u wil be asked to save or cancel, save it
* thats it go to your domain enjoy the 1.4V

(once again i remind above steps for  fresh installation not for upgratation with existing old database)
14 years ago
Thank you!  It seems that I won't be able to make my USPS changes using the no source version at this time.  Hopefully in the next release though.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.