Facebook Authentication

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi.

i am not sure how this would be resolved but here it is :

With FB Authentication Plugin enabled, and

Configuration > Settings > Customer Settings > Auto register enabled: True

users register with their FB Account but are Inactive.

In Admin area and in the customers list , we have 2 problems :

1 - Can't activate User because admin requires some data to be completed (address, zip, city, phone ...) and obviously can't fill with any data and would like to have real customers data.

2 - At this point, user can't even login as his account is not active.

What can be done ? can we force user to fill in his profile after fb registration that is missing some required fields ? any ideas ?
10 years ago
sch09 wrote:
Hi.
1 - Can't activate User because admin requires some data to be completed (address, zip, city, phone ...) and obviously can't fill with any data and would like to have real customers data.

What can be done ? can we force user to fill in his profile after fb registration that is missing some required fields ? any ideas ?

It sounds like you have customer settings setup for Admin Approval, or that you are requiring address, zip, city & phone to be entered via the "customer form fields" tab. You can remove the requirements from that tab and/or change the registration method to Standard or Email Validation and that may solve your issue.
10 years ago
NOP 3.0 - Multi-Store & Facebook authentication return URL:

When I think of multi-store, I think of the ability to use multiple TLD's and/or sub-domains to direct customers to the store of their choice. That being said, there should be an option for store-specific Facebook authentication app keys & secrets so that the return url configured at Facebook for each auth app will return the customer to the specific TLD or subdomain they were referred from.

On the administration back-end, you wouldn't have to create another customer account for each store, just allow multiple Facebook Authentication Identifiers for each store they've registered with.

It's possible that I'm over-thinking this and if it isn't an issue for anyone in their multi-store test environments, please let me know!
10 years ago
mattbrummett wrote:
Hi.

It sounds like you have customer settings setup for Admin Approval, or that you are requiring address, zip, city & phone to be entered via the "customer form fields" tab. You can remove the requirements from that tab and/or change the registration method to Standard or Email Validation and that may solve your issue.

it turned out to be the customer did not confirm his registration.
but still I would like to have the user redirected to the profile page after confirmation to finish entering his details to avoid this issue.
10 years ago
sch09 wrote:
it turned out to be the customer did not confirm his registration.
but still I would like to have the user redirected to the profile page after confirmation to finish entering his details to avoid this issue.

I wish the Facebook authentication API was setup to gather more info from the user also, such as date of birth, male/female and possibly current city of residence. I'm sure this can be requested in the API call to Facebook but this could also deter some potential customers from signing up because they're seeing a lot of information being requested from their facebook account and that can lead them to click "deny" instead of "allow".

Honestly, your best way to get the information you need from them is to make your facebook app's "return url" direct them to their account page ( http://your-domain.com/customer/info ) and they will be made to think that they still have to fill in the required fields if they haven't already.

*NOTE* - if you set your facebook return URL to the account page, each time they log in using facebook, they will be sent to their account page first, so they'll have to be ok with navigating away from it to shop with you.
10 years ago
mattbrummett wrote:
NOP 3.0 - Multi-Store & Facebook authentication return URL:

On the administration back-end, you wouldn't have to create another customer account for each store, just allow multiple Facebook Authentication Identifiers for each store they've registered with.

Just realized a little glitch in my plan that would occur in the Customer Info page. This isn't a store-specific account administration page so from a customer's viewpoint, if I connected facebook to two different stores, I would benefit from having an option on the left column telling me what stores I'm signed up for; order info for purchases made at each store; a direct link to each store to continue shopping or make returning to the proper store easier.

I know that the multi-store concept is a work in progress, but with time and user-interface ideas coming together it will become very functional, transparent to the customer and beneficial for everyone.
10 years ago
Hi i am using nopCommerce 2.6 version

Configuration > Settings > Customer Settings > Auto register enabled: True

i have set Auto register enabled true, then also its not registering, after login by facebook its load the login page with some string and Remove button but its login.

How to solve this problem.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.