Restrict Shipping Options

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Does anyone know where to find the part of the USPS shipping API that controls what options to display?  It shows a lot of unusable options like book rate and different box sizes.
14 years ago
This can be edited in the nopCommerce source code (not available to you if you installed the no source version, as far as I know)

Go to: Shipping\Nop.Shipping.USPS\USPSStrings.cs

You'll see where to comment out the shipping options you don't want in that file.

My problem is that I can figure out how to modify this file, but I can't figure out how to actually install the full source version :)
14 years ago
The difference between no source and full source is that the no souce includes only the default store.  The root directory of that file is the root of the store.

The full source has the source code as well.  The same files from no source, the default store, is in one of the subdirectories; I believe nopCommerce or nopStore.  The default store will install as normal if you drop it in the root directory and if you just add in /nopStore/ to your URL.

The source code is C# code that is used to make the store.  After changing the code, you'll have to compile it to get the program that is like the default store or no souce, but with your programming changes.

I'm not a 100% on all this; it's been a while since I've programmed stuff.  But that's what it looks like.

I'm gong to dig around to see if I can change itwithout recompiling.  I'm trying to limit my changes to make upgrades easier.
14 years ago
Please share if you're able to find a way to reconfigure the source code without recompiling.  It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Thanks for your response.
14 years ago
or rather, if you're able to find a way to make the usps changes without having to compile, let me know, hehe
14 years ago
inspiredsky, I'm in the same boat now, i just installed NO SOURCE sucessfully, but now looking for a way to install FULL SOURCE, can u share your experience if u have done it, thanx
14 years ago
I got it to work (w00t!!)

Downloaded the full source version, made the shipping changes I needed to (fixed the less than one pound problem, and chose the USPS shipping options I want to offer), then recompiled the project.  

Exported my old product list (had been running a no source version on the site) to an excel file so I could reupload it to the new site once it was installed.  

Backed up and deleted my old database, and created a new, empty direct access database.  

Deleted all of the files I had previously uploaded to my site (had a previous no source version already running on the site).  

Next, I cut and pasted all of the files from the NopCommerceStore folder to my root file, then uploaded all of the new files.  Once I did all this I was able to access the install.aspx file and run it.

Then I uploaded my excel list of products into the new site.

I lost a lot of the cosmetic changes I had made previously but they will be easily reinstated.  Most of my product info was intact, though I lost the pictures I'd had associated with them as well as some of the product attributes like different colors and sizes.  But having my USPS shipping options limited to Priority and Express, and fixing the weight issue made it totally worth it.

I use GoDaddy Shared Hosting and was able to get it to work.  I hope this helps.
14 years ago
great, im happy hear that from u,

i understand your method coz im too using the Godaddy webhosting currently running NO SOURCE version, i want to know what did u use & how did u recompile the files back which u made changes, coz i need to do a modification in following file which only exists in FULL SOURCE VERSION.

\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Orders\OrderManager.cs

if i culd learn the method for recompiling, i can simply follow up your process host it back.
14 years ago
My previous message explained the full vs no source differences.  I did some factchecking and came up with this.

The default store, or the one available in the no source file, is in the nopCommercestore folder.  That is the only thing you put on the web.

The rest of the files are the source code to make the files in the store.  You'll need to get a C# compiler (or builder).  After adjusting the source code, you compile or build to make a custom store.  This is what inspiredsky did.  Unfortunately, I wish I could be in the same boat as him, but my freebie compiler won't do anything without paying up.  I guess I'll have to head to the store sometime soon.

Either way, after you compile or build your tweaked source code.  The new files produced is what you put on the web as you would have done with the default store.

You didn't have to do all that you did with creating a new database and exporting the product list.  You could have just backed up the database for good measure and then select upgrade to use the same database.  The product catalog, everything done in the Admin panel, and most of the images will move over with that.  You will have to transfer the files you alter, such as your theme and the ASP files you tweaked.

I also tried looking for a way without recompiling.  That's not going to happen, unless someone produces the files that change, but someone is going to have to compile a new file.  I'm going to fork over some cash for new software after the holidays and then possibly work on an API for Stamps.com, which does both USPS and FedEx at discount prices.  The software also has ODBC connection to pull the shipping info direct from the database.

Or, I may just settle for FedEx only.
14 years ago
I'm not familiar with web designing/compiling, anyway i have collected many information from users like u, its really greatfull, I have started tutorials with Visual Web developer 2008, which seems doing well, hope i can complete my project : ), thanx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.