Installment Payments Option at Check-out

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi:

Is there a way to configure payment options at checkout, e.g. I sell an item for $100, but at check-out I want to give the customer the option to select 3 equal payments of $35.00, after which we ship the product.  The shipping and tax should be charged with the final/3rd payment in this example.

Thanks very much for any insight you may have!
11 years ago
Tropolis Group wrote:
Hi:

Is there a way to configure payment options at checkout, e.g. I sell an item for $100, but at check-out I want to give the customer the option to select 3 equal payments of $35.00, after which we ship the product.  The shipping and tax should be charged with the final/3rd payment in this example.

Thanks very much for any insight you may have!

It is not available out of the box, but there is a work item for which you can vote. You can also try to define the product with 2 variants: (1) for payment in one installment for $100 and (2)  do it as a recurring payment in 3 cycles of $35, but price will have to be set as $35
11 years ago
Hi Eduardo:

I thought about the recurring payments option, but nopCommerce considers each recurring payment and separate Order, thus 3 Orders would be generated in our example.  Perhaps doable but I think clumsy workaround that will cause issues down the road.

Thanks very much for your insight.  I'll vote on the work item.

I'm thinking an extension/add-on/plug-in may exist for this item.  Does anybody know of one?  I'll search online.

Thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.