Stock attribute combinations available to order that do not exist!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
tainazao wrote:
Link mentioned above is broken, could you guys fix this issue, I'm trying to solve this too. Thanks in advance!

It was included in v3.3 release. For the changeset check here
9 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Link mentioned above is broken, could you guys fix this issue, I'm trying to solve this too. Thanks in advance!
It was included in v3.3 release. For the changeset check here

Thank you very much! =)
8 years ago
Hi,

I would like to be able to get this working, but without needing to set inventory tracking by product attributes.

I am running a shop (version 3.60) selling entries to sports competitions, where at a certain time of the day there is a limited number of competitors competing.  

I have inventory tracking on, so that as soon as the total number of competitors is reached in a particular time slot, that time slot is sold out, and no further entries are permitted.  No problems here.

But those competitors could be entering any one of up to 5 divisions, and there is no way of knowing ahead of time how many entrants in each division there will be at one particular time.  So inventory tracking by product attribute is not required.

I have attributes set for the entrants to select the division they want to enter, and select if their entry is a multiple entry or not, with relevant price adjustments.  No problems here.  

The tricky thing is that the competition allows re-entries, but only in certain divisions.  Re-entries in other divisions are not allowed.

I have seen that if I set inventory tracking by product attribute, create a list of valid attribute combinations on the product, and then check the 'allow only existing attribute combinations', I can only add items to the cart with a valid combination of attributes.  However, as soon as I switch inventory tracking by product attribute off, I can then set an invalid combination of attribute settings, and add them to the cart.

Is it possible, in a future version of nopCommerce, to make the 'allow only existing attribute combinations' check box available, and rules applied, when inventory tracking by product attributes is not set?

Regards,

David.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.