E-mail on godaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Getting the below error when trying to send a test e-mail from Global Settings/mail settings:

Transaction failed. The server response was: The message was rejected because it contains prohibited virus or spam content
14 years ago
The settings are setup as below and as per GoDaddys instructions.

To Configure Your nopCommerce Mail Settings

1. Login to your nopCommerce administrator panel.
   2. Click Configuration.
   3. Click Mail Settings.
   4. Complete the following fields:

Store Admin Email
          Your email address.
      Store Admin Email Display Name
          The name to display on your email.
      Host
          relay-hosting.secureserver.net
      Port
      User
          Your full email address.
      Password
          Your email account password.
      Enable SSL
          Do not enable this option.
      Use default credentials
          Do not enable this option.

5. Click Save.
14 years ago
This is GoDaddy's response. They must have completely missed the question. GoDaddy support really sucks.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for contacting online support.

Unfortunately, the IP address ipaddress is not currently eligible for unblocking as this IP address appears to come from a dynamic IP pool. Connections coming from a dynamic IP pool are nearly impossible to trace back to the originating computer and are very commonly used by spammers and virus writers for this reason.

If you are an end-user sending email from a server in a dynamic pool, you should configure your mail software to send outgoing mail through your ISP's dedicated outgoing mail server. Please contact your ISP's support to determine what server names and settings to use. We have whitelisted the mail server of most major ISPs, so the mail should get through if sent through these systems.

If you operate/manage the server on this IP address, you would need to create, or modify the existing reverse DNS entry for the IP address of your dedicated outgoing mail server. This rDNS entry needs to point back to the name of your outgoing mail server. If you are operating multiple outgoing mail servers from a single IP, an rDNS entry will need to be created for each. If you encounter difficulties creating these rDNS entries, please contact whomever you lease your IP(s) from for assistance.

Once these rDNS entries have been created or modified, and that information has propagated, you can submit your unblock request again. We will then review the IP(s) in question and determine the availability of an unblock at that time.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Victoria K
Customer Care
14 years ago
Now it actually sends the e-mails trugh the global settings. Maybe GoDaddy did something useful after all :) Wonder how long it will work?
14 years ago
With godaddy I had to set up the email using my other email account - Not one from godaddy. I guess a gmail or hotmail would work to.
Configuration
global settings
mail settings
and then entered the user name (email address) and password I have from my dsl provider - My usual email and password. I think I needed to use it so I could bypass the godaddy security. Works fine. Emails actually are sent to my godaddy email account because everywhere else I used the godaddy supplied email/password combo.
14 years ago
And now I get the same error trying to send a test e-mail again. I guess I must try a non GoDaddy and non dot my domain e-mail :( . Also I never managed to get the Contact Us form to send e-mails.
14 years ago
I've been having the same problem with the e-mail from GoDaddy since day 1 (around November'09). It seems that the messages are being blocked for having URL in them.

Has anyone figured out what is the problem and how to resolve it?

So far, the only solution that I have seen on the forum was to use different provider for relay servers (sending out e-mails).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.