Please remove <b> tags from ProductCategoryBreadcrumb.ascx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
The breadcrumb control is extremely handy and a great feature.

However, version 1.4 has <b> bold tags in the ProductCategroyBreadcrumb.ascx control. This means that turning off the bold font-weight in the .breadcrumb style of modules.css does not have an effect. Would it be possible for you to remove the <b> tags for future releases so that the styles for the breadcrumbs will be handled through css without having to modify the ascx control?

Thanks.
14 years ago
If making this change, <b> tags should also be removed ProductsInGrid.ascx and ProductsInLines1.ascx.
14 years ago
Thanks for suggestions!
14 years ago
I would like to see more robust xhtml integration in the project. From my point of view, items are not correctly rendered and as a result from that, skinning will be hard.
For example, the breadcrums should be setup as a list:

<div class="breadcrumb">
    <ul>
        <li>
            <a href='<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Default.aspx")%>'>
                <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Breadcrumb.Top")%>
            </a>
        </li>
        <asp:Repeater ID="rptrCategoryBreadcrumb" runat="server">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <li>
                    <a href='<%#SEOHelper.GetCategoryURL(Convert.ToInt32(Eval("CategoryID"))) %>'>
                        <%#Server.HtmlEncode(Eval("Name").ToString()) %>
                    </a>
                </li>
            </ItemTemplate>      
        </asp:Repeater>
        <li><asp:Literal ID="litProduct" runat="server" /></li>
   </ul>
</div>

I've removed the last Hyperlink because you're on the page allready, so this is just a Literal.
Having this rendered as a list, makes the trail highly customizable.

Code from above could be rendered as this example
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.