FYI - I just got an email today from USPS Web Tools stating the following, so it looks like I'll be doing some testing!
Web Tools Customer;
January 26 USPS Web Tools Update: USPS Web Tools will be implementing changes and additional features to the U.S. Postal Service APIs listed below effective January 26, 2014 with testing available January 13th. Detailed release notes are available on the USPS Web Tools home page here.
If you are a merchant using a 3rd party ecommerce or shipping software, please ensure that your IT professional is aware of the upcoming changes.
The following APIs will be modified and/or enhanced beginning January 26:
Domestic Label Retired APIs:
Rate API Updates:
• RateV3 API
• RateV4 API
• InternationalRateV2 API
Domestic Label API Updates:
• ExpressMailLabel API
• HoldforPickupExpress Label API
• eVS Label API
• DeliveryConfirmation V2, V3, V4 APIs
• SignatureConfirmation V3, V4 APIs
• Priority Mail Open and Distribute API (OpenDistributePriorityV2)
• Priority Mail Hold for Pickup API (HoldForPickupPriority)
• First Class Mail Hold for Pickup API (HoldForPickupFirstClass)
• Merchandise Return Service API (MerchandiseReturnV2,V3, V4)
International Label API Updates
• Priority Mail Express International Label API (ExpressMainIntl)
• Priority Mail International Label API (PriorityMailIntl)
• First Class Mail International Label API (FirstClassMailIntl)
• 2976 Custom Form API (CN22V2)
Other API Updates:
• Track and Confirm APIs (Track, TrackV2)
• Address Verification API (GetAddress)
You will find the January Release Notes under the Web Tools Announcements Section at USPS.com here. Please Follow us on twitter at @USPSWebTools for updates or contact the Web Tools team directly at [email protected]
with any questions or concerns.