USPS making breaking changes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
mbalog wrote:
Just put it on my site this evening. http://www.Effective-Systems.net. Compiling it under 2.3 with MVC 4 installed was a little tricky! Let me know how it goes.

Worked perfect! Just reloaded list of plugins and cleared NOP cache after placing files in folder.

Thanks so much
10 years ago
My Host installed nopCommerce for me. How do I go about implementing these changes?
10 years ago
dv8dug wrote:
My Host installed nopCommerce for me. How do I go about implementing these changes?

You must have access to your sites files? Thru FTP or a web site admin panel?

Simply replace the plugins files on the site with the ones in the zip file.

See http://www.effective-systems.net/installing-the-usps-fix-for-v26
10 years ago
FYI - I just got an email today from USPS Web Tools stating the following, so it looks like I'll be doing some testing!

Web Tools Customer;

January 26 USPS Web Tools Update:  USPS Web Tools will be implementing changes and additional features to the U.S. Postal Service APIs listed below effective January 26, 2014 with testing available January 13th.  Detailed release notes are available on the USPS Web Tools home page here.  

If you are a merchant using a 3rd party ecommerce or shipping software, please ensure that your IT professional is aware of the upcoming changes.  

The following APIs will be modified and/or enhanced beginning January 26:
Domestic Label Retired APIs:
•  DeliveryConfirmationPICV3
•  SignatureConfirmationPICV3

Rate API Updates:
•  RateV3 API
•  RateV4 API
•  InternationalRateV2 API

Domestic Label API Updates:
•  ExpressMailLabel API
•  HoldforPickupExpress Label API
•  eVS Label API
•  DeliveryConfirmation V2, V3, V4 APIs
•  SignatureConfirmation V3, V4 APIs
•  Priority Mail Open and Distribute API (OpenDistributePriorityV2)
•  Priority Mail Hold for Pickup API (HoldForPickupPriority)
•  First Class Mail Hold for Pickup API (HoldForPickupFirstClass)
•  Merchandise Return Service API (MerchandiseReturnV2,V3, V4)

International Label API Updates
•  Priority Mail Express International Label API (ExpressMainIntl)
•  Priority Mail International Label API (PriorityMailIntl)
•  First Class Mail International Label API (FirstClassMailIntl)
•  2976 Custom Form API (CN22V2)

Other API Updates:
•  Track and Confirm APIs (Track, TrackV2)
•  Address Verification API (GetAddress)

You will find the January Release Notes under the Web Tools Announcements Section at USPS.com here.  Please Follow us on twitter at @USPSWebTools for updates or contact the Web Tools team directly at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
10 years ago
I'm using GoDaddy and they only support the older 1.9. Any ideas? I do have Visual Developer 2008 but have no idea how the thing works really. I'm not new to PHP or HTML but ASP.NET is completely new to me. Any help is appreciated.

Thx...
~~=]o  DUG
10 years ago
mbalog wrote:
FYI - I just got an email today from USPS Web Tools stating the following...

I got the same.  See the January Release Notes link on the USPS web tools home page (it downloads a .rtf file)

I don't think any of the changes are breaking changes (famous last words :)
There is one change that that adds another domestic service, but it mentions that it's in the <SpecialServices> node, and I believe that the nopC plugin looks at a different xml node in the returned data

2.2 Domestic Rate API Updates
Addition of new 10:30 AM delivery option for Priority Mail Express products
o  New response values in <SpecialServices> node:
•  <ServiceID> = “200”
•  <ServiceName> = “Priority Mail Express 1030 AM Delivery”
10 years ago
New York wrote:
There is one change that that adds another domestic service, but it mentions that it's in the <SpecialServices> node, and I believe that the nopC plugin looks at a different xml node in the returned data

Could you please clarify? I cannot find this information and what exactly should be updated
10 years ago
The plugin looks for matching CLASSID in the "Postage" element:

<Postage CLASSID="n">
  <MailService></MailService>
  <Rate></Rate>
</Postage>

But if the new delivery option is in a <SpecialServices> node, then the plugin won't pick it up.   I suspect that the response as-is probably does not ever contain <SpecialServices> node, because the plugin never creates a request with  "special services".  Thus, I don't think there is anything to do, unless you want to support special service requests/responses.

We have to wait until Mon 1/13 for the USPS test site to have the new API:
Updates noted herein will be available in the Web Tools testing environment for integrator access on or around January 13, 2014. The test environment can be accessed, using your production UserID, via the following URL scheme, host and path:
•  Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
•  Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
10 years ago
The new service being added - Priority Mail Express 1030 AM Delivery is not in the admin configuration screen, so if it can't be selected to be active, it would never be returned as a rated service.

As a side note; some of the services that can be configured as active, such as Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box, are a bit dangerous! For example; if you give the customer the ability to select the Small Flat Rate Box, you better be sure that no matter how much product they order, it will ALL fit in the small box!
10 years ago
mbalog wrote:
The new service being added - Priority Mail Express 1030 AM Delivery is not in the admin configuration screen, so if it can't be selected to be active, it would never be returned as a rated service.

If the plugin was modified to recognize the method, its config page would also be modified to allow its inclusion.

mbalog wrote:

As a side note; some of the services that can be configured as active, such as Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box, are a bit dangerous! For example; if you give the customer the ability to select the Small Flat Rate Box, you better be sure that no matter how much product they order, it will ALL fit in the small box!

Shameless plug :)  Shipping Director can handle this - Exclude Shipping Methods - choose best one
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.