Tier prices variant attributes not merged

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to offer a 10% discount to a customer when he orders 12 or more items of a product. The discount only applies to that product on checkout. I can use tier prices for that, but the products have a size variant attribute.

So for example when ordered 12 x product X size XL the discount is calculated in the shopping cart. But when ordered 6 x product X size XL and 6 x size M of the same product, the discount is not calculated.

Situation: Normal price product X = 11 (when ordering 12 or more 10% discount, so productprice will be 10 )

Current scenario in shopping cart:

GOOD
5 x Product X size XL , price 11 total: 55

GOOD
12 x Product X size XL , price 10 (11 minus 10% discount) total: 120  

WRONG
6 x Product X size XL , price 11  total: 66
6 x Product X size M ,  price 11  total: 66

Needed scenario:

6 x Product X size XL , price 10 (11 minus 10% discount) total: 120  
6 x Product X size M ,  price 10 (11 minus 10% discount) total: 120  

How can I achieve this?

Thanks for any reply !
10 years ago
Found a way around by using a normal discount rule, assigning to productvariants in combinations with
"Customer has one of these product variants in the cart"  where I defined productvariant-id's  and min-max quantities, like 34:12-999,... in a komma-seperated list. Then I updated the discount value in the productvariant's discount tab (with an update query in the database which is a lot faster off course then updating all variants in admin)

Still not ideal but it works.  When ordering 5 size L and 7 size M of the same product passes the discount to the cart now. Only thing is that if a customer also orders 1 quantity of another product (that is listed in the komma-seperated list ) the discount also counts for that product. In my situation that is no problem but that could be depending on the situation.  Tier prices on a productlevel in addition to tier prices on productvariant level should be nice to have in a new NC version.
10 years ago
Thanks for reporting. We know about this issue and it's already on the roadmap
1 year ago
Hi,

Is the possibility to have tier prices over variant attributes in the meantime possible in 4x versons?

Thanks!
1 year ago
Yes, it should work fine in 4.x.

(When the topic was "Posted: 8 years ago", there was a separate Product Variant table.)
1 year ago
Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.