Need help with Duplicate User Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
i created an account with an e-mail address and deleted that after some time
now again i want to create an account with the same e-mail address and i am getting error message again and again
Registration

"The e-mail address that you entered is already in use. Please enter a different e-mail address.  "

I even deleted all the orders related to this user/e-mail address
I deleted the user from Manage Customers too
I even cleared the catche but still getting this error again and again, Please HELP
14 years ago
Deleting a user in nopCommerce just marks them as deleted.

To delete completely you would need to remove them from the users table in the database.

HTH

Ben
14 years ago
I cannot find my database to delete the user,
my connection string is :
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NopCommerce;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

and i have check the APP_Data folder to check the database.mdf database file but there are no tables in it ? how come ?
then where all the data is being store ? and how the nopCommerce project is running successfully on local host ?

Please check the screen shot here (you will see there are no tables or there is a possibility that i am checking the wrong path too, i have checked the aspnet_User table too - ITS EMPTY then where the admin@yourstore is being saved or the other users that i created ?)
PLEASE CHECK- > http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3914/databaseimagetablesdata.jpg

Please help...
14 years ago
are you using  VWD ?  open database explorer, then click on 'data connections' in VWD and select add new connection , select sqlexpress from 'select server' drop down list - then look in the 'select or enter a database name' drop down list - assuming you created your database on sqlexpress, it should appear here. one you have opened the connection, you can look at and manipulate the tables.

you may also want to download some software such as  sql managment studio

nb
if you want to use the user you 'deleted', not just the email address, you can set the value of the 'deleted' field in the nop_customer table to 'false' for that user to make them available again
14 years ago
yes i got it, it worked, THANKS
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.