Widgets and Widgets Zones in 3.10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Nivo Slider Reloaded covers placement in widget zones - it includes source code.
10 years ago
Hello Hezy.

Thanks for your information.

I'm not really looking to display NivoSlider more than once on a page.

I was just testing Adam's code:
return new List<string>() { "home_page_top", "another_widget_zone", "yet_another_zone" };

I guess "another_widget_zone" and "yet_another_zone" would have to be zones in two different pages?

Thanks,
Tony
10 years ago
it is

all the widgets are listed in the first post

if u want to add different content in the same plugin to each of the widgets in your list:

each of the widget in your list is calling your plugin PublicInfo action
PublicInfo action is getting a widgetZone string
u can switch case this string and return a different view
10 years ago
hezyz wrote:
nivo slider should not work more then once in the same page.
the Nivo javascript is using div Id which must to be unique

when u are placing the same nivo plugin more then once in the same page u are creating divs with the same Id
that is why it will only run once.

take a look kick starter, it looks for an element with nivo-slider Id and there should be only one:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(window).load(function () {
        $('#nivo-slider').nivoSlider();
    });
</script>

u can modify the code and add the zone name to  the Id ( nivo-slider + zone name), this way u will have a unique Id to each of the running sliders

It's more THAN once....................THEN is a point in time. Please learn to speak English and use real words, not text-message words.
10 years ago
stephenmwyatt wrote:

It's more THAN once....................THEN is a point in time. Please learn to speak English and use real words, not text-message words.

Useful comment @stephenmwyatt. It moves the conversation forward so much.
Tell us all, what else have you contributed to this project?

Do you have a website offering 8 free plugins like hezyz?
Have you contributed hundreds of posts helping and supporting other users?

No, I didn't think so.
10 years ago
stephenmwyatt wrote:

Please learn to speak politely if you want to get any support on these forums. By the way, these forums are international. And you should understand that not all people here have good English skills

cyberspy wrote:

Good point. I don't think this person contributed anything according to his posts on these forums
10 years ago
Is there a widget that will let me pick a zone and put arbitrary html, or text into it? I'd like to add notifications to the site ("we will be out of office until Monday" etc) and it looks like this would be a good way to do it?
10 years ago
boomhauer wrote:
Is there a widget that will let me pick a zone and put arbitrary html, or text into it? I'd like to add notifications to the site ("we will be out of office until Monday" etc) and it looks like this would be a good way to do it?

Widget All in One - does exactly what you need. Up to 10 html widgets and it has a link to the list of standard zones for quick reference ... https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1152/widget-all-in-one.aspx
10 years ago
trying out this plugin/widget now. thanks!
10 years ago
Widget-all-in-one is close to what I need as well, but I need to make a couple of modifications.

Do you know where (and if) the source can be downloaded?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.