Newbie - How To Add Pictures So They Are Clear

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello,

I'm trying to build a website and I am very new to this and may be in a bit over my head but I refuse to give up.

Can anyone please help me with the following?

When I upload pictures to the website,( which is not yet live) my pictures lack clarity and are fuzzy around the object.  If I copy a picture off a website it looks fine but when I add my own, it does not look good.  I can shoot in 5 to 10 megapixels  and they look fine otherewise.   Something is happening when uploaded that affects the clairity.  My goal is to have really great pictures of the products I own that don't even exist on the product company website but I am a long way off.

To edit my pics I've been using Corel PhotoShop Pro Photox2.  

This is probably a basic question for some of you but I sure would appreciate any help.  Thank you.  Mike
14 years ago
What version of nopCommerce are you using? Try 1.4
14 years ago
mike,  v1.4 has improved upload picture quality so the issue may be the version you are using but if you have already found that other peoples pictures work fine, it may be something you are doing when you edit them.

When you edit the pictures on x2, are you just cropping them or are you resizing them also?   Are you saving them with too high a compression?

if you are resizing them to a size which is smaller than the settings in configuration-->global settings : media
then the cart will be enlarging them on upload and you will lose quality there.

i am still using a much older version of the same graphics software (from when it was clalled paint shop pro)  and it produces excellent results
14 years ago
I always make sure I upload images that are the correct maximum size for the store - for example if the max image size is set to 600 pixels make sure the longest size of your image is 600 pixels.
14 years ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer  my question.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.