Is Volusion trying to scare people away from Nopcommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Just add to the google search query url: &gl=us
And change the parameter that read  hl=ru to hl=en
This will change your geo location to US and language to english and you should see the ads
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I was just going to submit a complaint here. When I select "Content of the ad creative" I'm asked to copy and paste the ad's link location (instructions below)

1. Find the ad you have feedback for.
2. Right-click on the ad title and select one of the following, based on your browser: Copy Shortcut (Internet Explorer); Copy Link Location (Firefox); Copy Link (Safari); Copy Link Address (Chrome).
3. Right-click in the field below and select Paste. This will insert the link location directly into this form, and it will appear as a long string of letters and numbers.

But these ads are not displayed to Russian users. Hence I cannot copy these links. Could anybody please copy and paste here links of these ads (both)?

I made a Google search for both phrases:
"don't trust nopcommerce malware infections are deadly"
"not safe with nopcommerce don't risk getting attacked"

... and in some of the results there were links to Yahoo Finance and other sites pages (whch had expired) where in the Google ads I found the Volusion ad.
I could just get the link for the first phrase:

http://www.volusion.com/lp/hp/w/?utm_source=adcenter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Competitors%20-%20Other&utm_term=nopcommerce&utm_content=nopCommerce%20(Exact%20Match)

I hope it helps

UDATE:

Here is the link that sends you to Volusion:

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjBzJ8NzM0UY5IHk0cUrsofcVax_;_ylu=X3oDMTE1MWJzcGZyBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNZU01rZXl3b3JkBHNsawNkb250dHJ1c3Rub3A-/SIG=1efresd6f/EXP=1383167524/**http%3A//160658.r.msn.com/%3Fld=8vJscPfJUI5RNyJNkqvWffnzVUCUymgpqvdZLFHcYTo8F6VJGHZRYVNekuhSgHRC7BWkeFyIMj7fbENoUunPYowWUmhZkjphRwDXD4gbtx_ArL0uFMsI6aPnxct0d890IXiCpukskrunyWmcu3cI1m29oZTq4%26u=http%253a%252f%252fwww.volusion.com%252flp%252fhp%252fw%252f%253futm_source%253dadcenter%2526utm_medium%253dcpc%2526utm_campaign%253dCompetitors%252520-%252520Other%2526utm_term%253dnopcommerce%2526utm_content%253dnopCommerce%252520(Exact%252520Match)
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Thanks, Eduardo. But the issue is that nopCommerce trademark is still in the process of registration (we started it just a couple of months ago).

If they won't stop it in a friendly way, then seems that we'll have to  hire one more lawyer to deal with them

I understand (but might be wrong) that your trademark is protected as soon you start the registry process, and it is protected, for a while, in other countries, where you later have to apply for local registry

I agree it is worth to contact Volusion and try to stop  it in a friendly way
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

But these ads are not displayed to Russian users. Hence I cannot copy these links. Could anybody please copy and paste here links of these ads (both)?

Here is what I got from doing it from a google search.  

I have also included two other ads they are playing against nopcommerce in case you want to see them... they are not as bad as the first two.  

Also, I have included an ad running by virtocommerce... not sure if they can use the "nopcommerce" name the way they are or not.  Hope this helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 years ago
Sorry that they are running off the page in my above post. :-(  Not sure if breaking up the links will case the them not to be correct  when you enter it on the Google report page...

Should we enter it in the Google report page as well?  

I was wondering if we all did it from different IP addresses and locations if it would mean more...  I thought there was something like that with YouTube that if you got enough people to complain about a video the person could end up getting their account blocked.  Do you think Google Adwords has something similar?
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

You can use the gl paramter with google.
Just open www.google.com/?gl=us and you will see the ads.
There are more than the ones already mentioned!
Really mind-boggling how a company like Volusion can go so low!!!
The good news though is that nopCommerce must now be stepping on the toes of the big players :-).
10 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
Sorry that they are running off the page in my above post. :-(  Not sure if breaking up the links will case the them not to be correct  when you enter it on the Google report page...

Thanks. I've just removed the links because of that (running off the page). As other people suggested here "gl=us" query parameter helps. So I've just submitted a complains on this page

Tim2376 wrote:
Should we enter it in the Google report page as well?  

I was wondering if we all did it from different IP addresses and locations if it would mean more...  I thought there was something like that with YouTube that if you got enough people to complain about a video the person could end up getting their account blocked.  Do you think Google Adwords has something similar?

Maybe... I really appreciate if some of you also submit a complain about these ads.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Maybe... I really appreciate if some of you also submit a complain about these ads.

Done!

Just submitted two complaints about these two adds:

[...removed because texts were running out of the page]
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Just sent submitted feedback at here
10 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi Andrei,

You can use the gl paramter with google.
Just open www.google.com/?gl=us and you will see the ads.
There are more than the ones already mentioned!
Really mind-boggling how a company like Volusion can go so low!!!
The good news though is that nopCommerce must now be stepping on the toes of the big players :-).

Using this approach I found another ad from virtocommerce.com‎ which violates trademark and confirms the good news

nopCommerce Enterprise - virtocommerce.com‎
www.virtocommerce.com/‎
Best .NET alternative to nopCommerce for Enterprise
contacts - features
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.