3.2 update and 3.1 themes with razor modifications

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Did a clean install of 3.2 today, opened project compiled everything and ran it no problem. Moved one of my 3.1 custom themes into the 3.2 themes directory rebuilt it and ran it. When I switch to one of the custom themes I get a razor file version incompatability error message saying razor 2 files not compatable with razor 3 files.

{"[A]System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection cannot be cast to [B]System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection. Type A originates from 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.Net\\assembly\\GAC_MSIL\\System.Web.WebPages.Razor\\v4.0_2.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\\System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll'. Type B originates from 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\Temporary ASP.NET Files\\root\\178bd418\\319f5413\\assembly\\dl3\\31bb81b3\\00210f6e_3ad4ce01\\System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll'."}

Any quick response appreciated.

Thanks Dean
10 years ago
So far I found that the config section in the root theme web.config file needs to be modified in 3.1 themes to the newer version of razor and acouple other items as well.

Now Im dealing with another issue dealing with the Menu model.

{"A public action method 'Menu' was not found on controller 'Nop.Web.Controllers.CommonController'."}
10 years ago
Apparently the Menu Model, common menu stuff has all been moved to Top Menu under Catalog so if you have customized  menu .cshtml it has to be rewritten now that the class is gone. This probably should have been left for backwards compatability. Just sayin...
10 years ago
Are you able to Add a Controller, or even Add a View to a Controller?
I can't do either.

I just installed 3.2 in Visual Studio 2012. I just updated it to.

But I have 3.1 open in VS 2012 and have no trouble added Controllers and Views.

It seems the application didn't install as an MVC application, I'm guessing.
10 years ago
yes I can add anything with no problems what error are you getting maybe I can help out?
10 years ago
Thanks.  Not getting any error. Just can't add controllers and views.

When I right click the Controllers folder, Add,  there is no "Controller . . . " on the menu.
I can't add Views either.

I don't have this problem when I open 3.1 in VS 2012.
This is strange.
10 years ago
now the 3.2 app is not finding the style.css that is in the 3.1 themes folder that I brought over to 3.2. spent an hour trying to figure this one out.
10 years ago
bahamadad wrote:

Please stop duplicating forum topics (deleted)
10 years ago
I had the same issues when I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 last night. I will wait for a solution to upgrade the furniture theme to be compatible with 3.2.

Any ideas when if/when this will be done. Or if someone has complete fix for this, then I can apply. Since my furniture theme has been customized for my site.
10 years ago
There were some design changes to 3.2 like the menu you've  mentioned  
Further, the structure and file name were changed

I don't think 3.1 theme will fit the changes made in 3.2

if u wish to adjust the old theme for the new version, u should follow all the css / views that have changed.
go to codeplex and look for the changes and change your theme
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.