Bundled Product Question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi I have a problem I am trying to solve - basically I want to have a bundled product (I think) here's the scenario and problem:

I want to sell two products together - they HAVE to be together but they also have to be entered in as separate products because they are ordered from different vendors

the problem is:
If I create a bundle using the products as associated attributes then it wants to add their price to the price of the bundle - which is not good

if I create the bundle without a cost then I can't show the price initially

if I create the products as zero price then in the shopping cart you can remove the bundle and get the products for free

I have tried requiring the bundle on each product but there's an error when I add the bundle saying that the Bundle is required to be in the cart WHEN TRYING TO ADD THE BUNDLE TO THE CART LOL - that seems a little "broke"

anyway I am either missing something or ??? anyone got any ideas??

Thanks!
10 years ago
I think I figured it out - I had the bundle set to add the product automatically as well as having them in the bundle as associated products - and I don't think I should have them in the Required - automatically add area
10 years ago
GeeksGoneBad wrote:

I want to sell two products together - they HAVE to be together but they also have to be entered in as separate products because they are ordered from different vendors

I wonder if you have on them associated as a product attribute if the order will be separated by the 2 vendors
10 years ago
yeah it's not - I thought I had it figured out but in the end it's still one order :(

so I am still playing with this if anyone has any ideas :)
10 years ago
GeeksGoneBad wrote:
yeah it's not - I thought I had it figured out but in the end it's still one order :(

so I am still playing with this if anyone has any ideas :)

I think you can do it handling it as 2 independent products using the Required - automatically add option to include the second
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

I think you can do it handling it as 2 independent products using the Required - automatically add option to include the second

If product 1 (P1) has price X and P2 a price Y and the bundle has a price X or a price Z (Z>x) you have to define a discount for P2 if customer has P1 in cart, BUT the discount would still apply if customer adds several P2
10 years ago
Thanks for the idea - I will play around with some discount ideas next
10 years ago
GeeksGoneBad wrote:
Thanks for the idea - I will play around with some discount ideas next

Welcome :)
Please let me know your results
7 years ago
Take a look at this product

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/2589/bundled-discounts-buy-together-plugin.aspx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.