Gift wrapping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I tried the Gift wrapping (in the shopping cart) drop down.

In IE : if you choose 'Yes', you can't change it back to 'No'.
In Firefox : doesn't work.

To remove it in the file, comment it out : \Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\ShoppingCart\OrderSummary.cshtml :

}
            </tbody>
        </table>

@* took out
            if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(Model.CheckoutAttributeInfo))
            {
    <div class="selected-checkout-attributes">
        @Html.Raw(Model.CheckoutAttributeInfo)
    </div>
            }    
          *@

<div class="buttons">
            @if (Model.IsEditable)
            {
                <div class="common-buttons">
                    <input type="submit" name="updatecart" value="@T("ShoppingCart.UpdateCart")" class="button-2 update-cart-button" />
                    <input type="submit" name="continueshopping" value="@T("ShoppingCart.ContinueShopping")" class="button-2 continue-shopping-button" />
                </div>

@* took out
    @Html.Partial("_CheckoutAttributes", Model.CheckoutAttributes, new ViewDataDictionary())
                *@

}  
        </div>
        <div class="cart-footer">

but now have a problem when Checkout is clicked. It show the message"Please select Gift wrapping"
and won't allow you to continue.  I guess I'll have to remove some code in the controller too.
10 years ago
I need to remove Gift Wrapping but can't find an option for it in the Admin.
Commenting out the code doesnt' work because it references other parts of code that I just can't find right now.
What other code do I have to remove?

I can make it not displayed for now :
        </table>
           @*  gift wrapping not working  *@
            if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(Model.CheckoutAttributeInfo))
            {
                <div class="selected-checkout-attributes style=" display:none;">
                    @Html.Raw(Model.CheckoutAttributeInfo)
                </div>
            }
        <div class="buttons">
            @if (Model.IsEditable)
            {
      <div class="common-buttons">
       <input type="submit" name="updatecart" value="@T("ShoppingCart.UpdateCart")" class="button-2 update-cart-button" />
       <input type="submit" name="continueshopping" value="@T("ShoppingCart.ContinueShopping")" class="button-2 continue-shopping-button" />
                </div>

@ gift wrapping not working *@
    <div class="selected-checkout-attributes" style="display:none;">        
         @Html.Partial("_CheckoutAttributes", Model.CheckoutAttributes, new ViewDataDictionary())
    </div>
            }  
        </div>
        <div class="cart-footer">
10 years ago
It is a Checkout attribute which you manage in admin>catalog>attributes>check out attributes>add/edit attribute
10 years ago
thanks . . .

but I don't think this is working in Internet Explorer 10.
10 years ago
I cannot reproduce it on our demo site. Everything works fine
10 years ago
Figured it out :

After you click the checkbox you have to click the Checkout button to make it work or to change it back to No.

This may confuse a customer like it confused me.
It would be better if the Gift Wrapping status changed right away when selected in the drop-down
or if there was an "Apply" button next to it.
10 years ago
MikeMCSD wrote:
Figured it out :

After you click the checkbox you have to click the Checkout button to make it work or to change it back to No.

This may confuse a customer like it confused me.
It would be better if the Gift Wrapping status changed right away when selected in the drop-down
or if there was an "Apply" button next to it.

I don't agree. There's no need to make a customer click two buttons to start checkout. Furthermore, this is how it works on all sites over the Internet.
3 years ago

When gift wrapping is selected yes, the payment method gives this error because the $ 10 price does not add to the total price.
3 years ago
What Payment Provider?
What version of nopCommerce?
3 years ago
New York wrote:
What Payment Provider?

On the second screenshot, there is a name.

Guess, that is this one? Need to contact the developer to check the issue.

Regards,
Tom
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.