Queued Messages Incorrectly Marked as Sent

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have a problem on nopCommerce 3.10 with the MessageQueue where some messages are not being sent but are being marked as sent.

I am using a corporate Exchange Server to send the emails.  The strange thing is that some of the emails are sent correctly but others are not.  For example I have order confirmation emails that were sent for Order numbers 449, 450, and 452 but not 451.  These all show in the nop Message Queue as sent.

I can confirm this is not a problem with Spam Filters because I am able to actually check the Exchange logs and those messages are not ever getting to the exchange server.

The strange thing is there seems to be no pattern to what messages go through and which don't.  I had a simple Password Reset message that did not get sent today but that was marked as sent.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any solutions/work items out there?
10 years ago
Please do not duplicate forum topics
10 years ago
Sorry, what is the appropriate forum for an issue like this?
10 years ago
It's already in the appropriate forum
10 years ago
This does not seem to be an issue of NopCommerce. If it marked it as Sent then it is because SmtpClient didn't throw any exceptions when the email was sent.

Check with your SMTP server provider.

Also, it doesn't seem to be a duplicated topic
10 years ago
I don't believe it is a problem with the Exchange server.  This is a corporate Exchange server and all traffic to and from the exchange server is logged.  I have full access to the logs and these messages were never sent to the server.
10 years ago
carlosmartinezt wrote:
This does not seem to be an issue of NopCommerce. If it marked it as Sent then it is because SmtpClient didn't throw any exceptions with the email was sent.

Check with your SMTP server provider

Absolutely agree

carlosmartinezt wrote:
Also, it doesn't seem to be a duplicated topic

The duplicate was deleted
10 years ago
Well after digging into this a little more it appears that you were probably right about this not being a nopCommerce problem.

Our Exchange server requires a trusted connector to properly send the emails and the site was not setup as a trusted connector.  Sometimes the emails would flow through a different path where they were allowed.  I will keep an eye on this and post again if I have reason to believe it is a nopCommerce problem.

Thanks for the responses.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.