Why use nopCommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I request community to help me list major important points in favor of nopCommerce which can help someone looking for an e-commerce solution, on why he should be using nopCommerce?

Why use nopCommerce?

* easy to use
* many features, some of them are not even available in many Proprietary software which are priced $$$$
* developed in true opensource nature - the nop team is open to discussion / suggestion and criticism and improves nopCommerce very well
* most stable, reliable and bug free opensource e-commerce solution (I can't remember a single bug which was reported and not fixed immediately by incredible nop team!)
* nopCommerce can be used as a platform rather than a simple e-commerce script http://carlosmartinezt.com/2013/11/nopcommerce-as-a-platform-part-1/ and http://carlosmartinezt.com/2013/11/nopcommerce-as-a-platform-part-2/
* can be easily modified and in lesser time compared to other competitive cart solution (like magento & prestashop) because its architecture is very well defined, is predictable
* active and growing community support
* nopCommerce can be scaled very easily to support millions of products
* works very well on Dot Net framework using the latest components
* nopCommerce is updated regularly by the nop team with new features, and all the updates / new revisions are more and more reliable
* nopCommerce is the only opensource e-commerce solution with multi-vendor and multi-store features!
* nopCommerce is modular and is easy to customize and extend using a plugin
* developing / customizing nopCommerce theme is very easy
* many plugins, add-on modules and theme options are already available (although options in themes are still very less compared to other e-commerce solution)
* all of above means - lesser total cost of ownership for e-commerce retailers using nopCommerce

* It is the only well featured shopping cart in .Net MVС framework. The rest are in PHP
* It the most popular e-commerce open source application in .Net and one of the featured applications in the Windows App Gallery
* Nop has 5 years of successful history int the market with around 30 releases
* There are nearly hundred solution partners plus other free lancers that can assist in the development of the store

Update 17 June 2014

* With release of nopCommerce 3.4 - nopCommerce is getting better and better - its now more faster out of the box

Now its your turn to add some more!

Best Regards,

nopAccelerate.com
10 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
I request community to help me list major important points in favor of nopCommerce which can help someone looking for an e-commerce solution, on why he should be using nopCommerce?

Why use nopCommerce?

Now its your turn to add some more!

Best Regards,

nopAccelerate.com

Carlos and you have done a great work. Here are my 2 cents:
* It is the only well featured shopping cart in .Net MVS framework. The rest are in PHP
* It the most popular e-commerce open source application in .Net and one of the featured applications in the Windows App Gallery
* Nop has 5 years of successful history int the market with around 30 releases
* There are nearly hundred solution partners plus other free lancers that can assist in the development of the store

PS You could select and include other ideas in your first post
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:
* It is the only well featured shopping cart in .Net MVC framework.

Boom. Web Forms are a frakin' nightmare to deal with.

I originally did my site in Web Forms because that was all I knew. Let's just say site organization got outta hand. 2nd iteration was with JSP and Spring. Yuck. I did my own standalone MVC app and ended up pretty much integrating most of my custom stuff over NopCommerce. Never tried PHP because it looked too much like classic ASP.
10 years ago
* for high traffic, support for  Windows Azure and for multiple instances on the road map for april 2014
9 years ago
As per comment here nopCommerce's official documentation will be available for free for everyone very soon.
9 years ago
This is an excellent article by Nop-Templates: SHOULD I START FROM SCRATCH OR USE NOPCOMMERCE?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.