Guest showing no IP address

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Greetings all,

I am running 3.20 and have been for about a month without any problems. However, today I noticed that when I go to the Online Customer list it is showing about 3 or 4 pages of Guest users but there is no other information attached - no IP address, no location, no last activity and no last visited page. Has anyone seen this before? I'm a little concerned.

Any help appreciated,
Scott
10 years ago
all page impressions from anonymous users are logged as guest.
they are deleted by a schedulded task, so no panic that's ok
10 years ago
marcwagener wrote:
all page impressions from anonymous users are logged as guest.
they are deleted by a schedulded task, so no panic that's ok

Thanks for the response. I know that everyone without an account shows as a guest and that they get cleaned up by a process after a while but what was causing me concern is that all the field data was empty when for normal Guests that information is populated as to where they are coming from (IP Address), and what they have looked at, etc.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
9 years ago
I'm getting the same issue: a lot of guest without ip. How are they without ip. Does anyone know the reason?

Best regards,
codicezerouno
9 years ago
I am getting the same issue with v3.40 - lots of guests being created without IP
I looked at the IIS logs and can see that they are not external calls; must be something within nop creating these guests accounts.
Any ideas ?
8 years ago
OK, now I'm having the same problem on our 3.40 installation.
Hundreds of bogus Guest accounts created per hour, and all have no IP address.

I previously purchased a plugin to be able to ban IP's that were being malicious or otherwise suspect, but I can't configure it to block an empty value, so I tried to restrict access to our site in IIS, but I cannot leave the IP address empty when adding the restriction

Or maybe I can put it in the web.config myself?
Something like:

<security>
  <ipSecurity allowUnlisted="true">            
     <add ipAddress=""/> <!-- can this block a visitor with no IP address? -->                
  </ipSecurity>
</security>

Or maybe it is the same??

Thanks,
Steve
8 years ago
Nobody knows why this is happening?

Same here running 3.5
7 years ago
any idea on that?

having issue on 3.70
7 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I noticed that in online customer list has rows with blank IP, location, last visited page etc. And then I go through nop admin demo same thing also there.

[/url]
Taken with [url=http://www.openscreenshot.com" rel="nofollow,ugc">Open Screenshot

Please explain what's wrong?   Is it a bug? How can we resole it? Any one in the nopcommerce community had faced and  solved this problem. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
Hello

We are getting same issue on 4.0 sites and it created lots of guest customer around 3000 guest customer in just 5 min and it looks like it creating per second around 25 guest customer and after few minutes it stop creating guest customer.

But the interesting things is all the guest customer which we are showing on online customer page all customer showing blank IP address and last visited page as well. it just show last activity dates only

anyone got the reason that how guest customer is creating without IP and last visited URL as well??

Is it could be bot or someone is intentionally calling the site somehow and it creating lots of guest customer in just 5 minutes??

I will appreciate for your inputs
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.