Error in Shipping rate computation methods - CANADA post in Nop 3.10.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hello friends,

I am using the inbuit configuration for CANADA POST as following :

Canada Post URL: sellonline.canadapost.ca
Canada Post Port: 30000
Canada Post Customer ID: CPC_DEMO_XML

I am also using my customer Id instead of "CPC_DEMO_XML". But in this both cases it gives an error as following :

Error : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 66.110.6.131:30000

Let me know if you have any solution? or configuration steps?
10 years ago
You probably not reaching the destination.
Are you hosted? Have them open port 30000 for outgoing traffic
10 years ago
No, I am currently working on local machine.
8 years ago
Hi:

I am using version 3.5.0 and am experiencing the same issue. My hosting company is Smarterasp.net, from whom I have downloaded the Quick Installer for NopCommerce 3.5.0.

In my Shipment Methods, I have Ground and In-Store Pick-up set-up. In the Shipping Rate Computation Method, the only one I have active is the Canada Post configured with the following: default url (sellonline.canadapost.ca); Canada Post Port: 3000, and then, my Canada Post Customer ID provided by Canada Post (which in fact is a Merchant ID as opposed to the Customer ID consisting of a 7 digit number which is different).

When testing with shipping, I get the following message error:
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 66.110.6.131:3000

To understand why I was getting this error, I decided to click the continue button. But then, I get the following message: "Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping method available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address". In the shipping address section I have the In-Store pickup option as well as the field to select an address from the address book or add a new one. I have added a new one for testing purposes. So, I am not confused.

Could anyone help? Thanks!

Manon :)
8 years ago
http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/nc/Shipping
8 years ago
Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand. I am using Canada Post for all my shipping, based on their rates. I have no idea how much a shipping can be until I actually get the estimate from them.

In reading the guide, it seems that I have to set up, in addition to the provider (Canada Post), costing for either Shipping by weight OR Fix Rate Shipping. But somewhere else in the guide or in the Forum, there was indication that only ONE methods should be active. That's why I selected Canada Post.

I just activated the shipping by weight but again, it shows zero dollars value as I was hoping it would make a link to my selection of Canada Post. this is where I get confused. Sorry
8 years ago
RE: "Shipment Methods, I have Ground and In-Store Pick-up "
Shipment Methods only apply to the fixed rate calculators (e.g. Fixed Rate, and By Weight, and By Total avail in Extensions).
So, if you are wanting to use just Canada Post, then only activate Canada Post rate calculation method, and ignore the Shipment Methods config.

Yes, you can have only active one fixed rate calc method in addition to any number of active carrier based calc methods (like Canada Post, FedEx, etc.), but it's not typical two have both kinds active at the same time.

RE: socket error
See this post
I.e. Shared hosting may not allow you to use sockets.  Call SmarterAsp.Net tech support, and ask them if it can be allowed for you.
8 years ago
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is much clearer!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.