New Customer Failed to Login

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
To stop spam fake customers, I have activated email validation feature. Now each new customer after they confirmed from their email box their account, they failed to log into their account, each time, the login page keeps showing following error codes:

Login was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.
No customer account found

Any idea? Looking forward to someone helping me.

Thanks!

James
10 years ago
I also tried to reset the password, the system allowed me to reset new password, but the new password failed to login too. This is for regular customers, not for admin.

Now my system only one admin can login, all other user and admin failed to login anymore.

Please help!

Thanks
10 years ago
I tried two way to reset customer password. One is through admin console to update customer password. One is through customer email address.

Both new passwords failed to login anymore. Keep giving me the following error codes:

Login was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.
No customer account found
10 years ago
make sure your are using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations with the EmailAddress attribute
10 years ago
Thanks for your advice. I am new, can you tell me a detail where I can set that up

Thanks
10 years ago
Hi Jeff, Thanks for your advice. Now my whole system only one admin (I have multiple admins) can login. All customers and other admin failed to login.
10 years ago
Reset new password by email feature also failed. It can generated an email to the user email box. Also I can click the link and get a password reset page, I can also submit new password, but the new password failed to login
10 years ago
Ok, I see.  I misunderstood.   I have not used that feature.
But, maybe try to have customer name format as e-mail also.

Did you switch off the e-mail validation feature to see if works without.  Just to make sure it's not some other issue with permissions.  

Are you on development machine or on a host?
10 years ago
Also, are your test accounts actually existing email accounts?  Go create an account in yahoo or Hotmail and then try.
10 years ago
It is not test account, I run it in my real business.

I have tried my different gmail account. (I have multiple domain emails hosted by gmail), so far no matter regular users or admins, only one admin gmail account can login, All other accounts failed to login
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.